
Low tide from Cresent Beach. (looking back at Guanos)

Textures have been my new thing, and this is one I can't ignore -- no matter how much it puts me into kook status.

Kudos to Caleb.

No joke, this is nuts.. this angle of the view is new to me... takes a bit to get that.

Paloma and I, it was her first time clam'n... :)

This poor little buddies are in a bowl of fresh water right now... :)
It was a -2.1 low tide today and for this year, it's as low as it's gunna get! It was fun to adventure around caves and coves that are usually fully submerged. The nice thing about not being a shoobie is you know where to go to avoid the thousand little kids who steal starfish and scream when they touch the sea life. The first bit of the morning was dedicated to clamming :) I actually am not the biggest fan of eating clams, but my parents like them and I love the sport of it... so it's a good trade off :) Paloma and Caleb and I hit the beach super early, when we were first there.. barely anyone! By the time we were hitting our limit (well I hit mine..) there were a litter of people down the beach. But that's to be expected and fully energizing -- I love seeing people respect God's gift of the coast!
After clamming Caleb and I headed to Indian Beach to see if we could snag into "Surfer's Depository". It wasn't low enough but we managed to scale a bit of the cliff and get some cool images of looking back at Indian.. I'm pretty sure I've never done that! It was super jaw dropping being at the angle and being able to see the sights that the tide exposed. Fun times hiding from tourists and at the same time basically acting like one.. I can't believe I was taking pics of the starfish...! But some things never get old.
Now I'm just waiting for the water to recover a bit, the wind to calm down and the boss to call for a surf check scramble.

No comments:
Post a Comment