Sunday, June 21, 2009

home.



Nakey Baby!

She might take after me in more than just looks. (no joke baby pics are a spitting image!)


Mom and bug taking a walk :)

The whole fam in our backyard (way to go dad it looks great!)

Too cute for words.
It's great being home! I've managed to shove some shop hours, three lessons, time in the water with my dad, an extended visit with Jason, a number of "welcome backs", great coffee morning with the 'rents, a reggae concert, wine tasting, slack lining (a bunch), and well much more -- but that brings us to today, Father's Day!

I had yet another lesson (praise God!) this morning, after Jason got on the bus to get on his travels it was work again for me. My lessons lately have been an answer to prayer, totally encouraging and straight up humbling. After my lesson today, I raced home and jumped in the outside shower my Dad just finished.. which has become my preference vs. the traditional inside shower :) It's great, I love it and it's some how just more refreshing to shower outside than in a stuffy bathroom. But anyways, I raced home because my sister, my brother in law, my niece, Haley (their golden), my brother, and my sister in law were all laying out in the sun with my parents and Maddy (our golden) on the front deck. What a great way to celebrate Father's Day :) After a few hours of hugs, laughs, walks and just plain 'ol chillen out it was food time. Don't think that door shut with those visitors, in walks my Grandad, my aunt and my uncle to celebrate. Talk about a full table of love and grub! My mom made some epic eats (prawns, chicken, flank steak, fruit salad, green salad, garlic bread, rice.... uhh and no joke way more!) Let's not even start talking about dessert. Non the less it was a great time of family.

Taylor is by far the cutest kid, no discussion! She is captivating no matter what she does, from playing with the dogs to running around half naked with the chuck-it .. to which was the best! Her new verbiage this trip has been "Yo dude." It's so dang adorable. Last time I saw her (in Utah) I taught her how to hi-five...I'm plotting the new trick for this trip, not sure yet on what it is. But sad to say I only have a few hours, they leave tomorrow at 6am to head back to Utah.

One of my favorite times with family get togethers is post meal times. Everyone is full, satisfied and just sorta doing their own thing. For example, I'm posting, my brother is flipping through the latest People (don't think its weird it's been passed to all of us.. it's actually an interesting issue), the boys are downstairs playing pool, Ashley (sister in law) is "awww'ing" at the pics taken today... saying..."I want one." referring to Taylor (bah.hah.)..Maddy and Haley are totally tuckered asleep at my feet... :) Any ways, good times today -- It's time to get out of the food coma, drink some more joe and continue playing with Tay-bug.

So Jess (my sis) wanted to have a bon fire, come hell or high water it was going to happen. Well who knew how true that would be, it poured and Jess insisted Dad find the umbrellas. So there we all sat, Taylor too! It was a sight to see, I didn't even know we owned so many soccer game worthy umbrellas -- but I guess with all the years there was time to accumulate them.

Well now Tay bug is down for the night, Joel and Ash have left - Cambria (Jessica's HS bff) showed up and we are all watching "Shattered" (another Cannon Beach cameo claim to fame flick). Me, Jess, Ry, Mom and Dad are all wrapped in blankets on the couch - so comf!

As you can tell, the blog has been little burps throughout that day.. just added as it comes. And well because it's Cannon Beach, you just never know when your cell service will work, your Internet will poop out.. a number of things just tend to go on the fritz.. So as I upload the images, I'm sitting out on the front deck "stealing" the net from the neighbor, and the sounds of the ocean is so soothing, the swell is suppose to bump up to 12ft and by the sound of things, the front is moving in. Gotta love it.

1 comment:

ryanjess said...

great post sis...i finally just updated as well! i seriously was getting emotional thinking about the near future and how we will be able to have weekends like that so much more often! love it!!!