Saturday, June 13, 2009
trust
Wow this year has been amazing. It's crazy to think about the first year of college, I was at George Fox - totally shell shocked and ready to run for the hills. God shattered me in a thousand pieces, knowing full well that it was his glue that I would eventually find to put it all back together. Now with the second year in Eugene closing to an end that glue has started to set. This is the first summer that I have been torn about going home. It's been a great year of fellowship, faith and overall growth and as my crutch of community will be far from home -- this is the time where my walk with get stronger and my heart be filled with desire. I am sad to leave Eugene but excited to see what God has planned for the summer. I think I get ahead of myself a lot and the funk that I have been consumed by I let be tied to leaving friends, stress of school, and a number of other things -- yet really it all is falling into place just as God intended, so the only thing left to do is trust. What a concept. A simple word, a word that has the power to be alone. Surrounded by no other letters, no other distractions. But a word that has taken me a long time to realize its potential, its power and necessity. I leave tomorrow for the summer and I am excited to trust the Lord in his plans and though its sad to leave friends, its only for a moment. Writing this has made me realize how crazy it is that I have let this past week weigh with emotions, I realize this is a time to rejoice in the great relationships I have and I look forward to home. Home and everything that creates its definition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So break me into pieces
That will grow in the ground
i432
Post a Comment