
Post surf Brian and Adam and I jetted over to have some coffee. I opted for my "fancy drink" and a spelt muffin.. SO GOOD! The town was packed yesterday and our coffee stop turned into a slow going hour long sip. No worries though we had the time - some how I managed to squeeze by the whole day with no work. But I was still at work when we decided to watch the parade. The shop was cooking and drinking and throwing water balloons :) It's always crazy to me to see the entire town shut down for the parade, and no joke shoulder to shoulder tourists on the sidewalks watching -- coupled with tons of little kids trying to catch the candy. The parade was great, as always - Dad was even in it with the lift, he had a few of his buddies/workers in the bucket lifting them up and down as he drove through town. The parade ended and it was hike time, we headed out to a place called God's Finger and then hiked the trail to Short Sands, it was hot and steep but fun. After a few hours hiking around it was time for the "festivities". As always I went down south to meet up with old friends, it was a good time with a whole heck of a lot of fire works. We had an epic finale and amazing food. The table was chalk full, burgers, chicken, dogs, ribs, salads, artichoke, brownies.... could go on for ever. All in all it was a fun fourth, I'm sure I have failed to mention a few things but it's a run down of a good day.


the bottom....

(as i'm uploading i'm listening to a cd a friend gave me and this song and this image are such a perfect reminder of god's love and never ending grace - no matter what, not to mention that i am blessed to live in such an amazing place---every day i am reminded of god's absolute power and creativity.)

2 comments:
Sounds like a phenomenal Fourth!
Wish we could have been there...next year for sure! I just posted Tay's 4th..she was hilarious! Love you lots!
Post a Comment