Monday, July 6, 2009

new tunes

Every morning I do the same thing (most of the time). I get up, have a cup of coffee and check the e-mail and scamper off to work. This morning it's a little different. The past couple of nights have been late (for me) and this morning I don't start work until 9:30. So instead of the usual wake up at 6 and routine from there, I slept in until 7 :) Usually my parents and I enjoy our coffee and watch the news together, but I was in bed for that - so when I got upstairs, Dad had left for work already and Mom was just heading out the door to go workout. So that brings me to right now. Having the house totally silent and echoing only one thing. The music choice. Every Monday I receive a devo from Christian Surfers, it's always a quick message to provoke thought throughout the week that correlates to the lifestyle of surfers. Today was all about filling the void with earthly things and the message that Satan tries to creep on us. So I sit in silent, watching the rain drizzle outside - as if it's time to wipe the slate clean. I love watching the rain and especially after such a crazy weekend, it's as if the town needs to be cleansed.

I would love to be able to say that I have always kept my life focused on God but as I listen to a new found artist, it reminds me that my past, present and unavoidably the future.. has and at some point of stumble...been less than focused. But this summer has also taught me that complete trust is seriously the only way to let the weight lift.

Enjoy this song for what it's worth and I hope you receive as much encouragement as I did this morning.

http://www.lionandlamb.org/m.php (scroll down to the song My Son)

1 comment:

StephieAnne said...

I finally listened to all of it, I can see why you like it so much!