Saturday, May 9, 2009

lean back and relax





Oh wow, what a day! Yesterday I got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. I usually ignore and carry on with what ever I was doing but for some reason I thought it was a good idea to answer. And yes it was. The voice on the other end was an invite to spend a sunny Saturday on the lake (thanks john!).
The next day rolls around and I'm super nervous to try my hand at wake boarding but beyond stoked to learn something new. Everyone in the boat was super patient and supportive and they never stopped giving me pointers - it was great. It took a long time to finally get to my feet, but after I shook off my stubborn attitude things got a bit easier. I eventually got the hang of it (a little) and had a blast. It was an amazing Saturday full of amazing company. Keith showed us his professional moves, keeping the slow lulls of me in the water out of our minds. Micah, the natural at everything, got up and kept the style of coastal surfer with every turn. Brayden (John and Steph's boy) even got in the water, popped up first try - he braved the water with a halfsie wetsuit and called it good after one run [but it was a great run!]. Overall a seriously epic day thanks to the Riley family.
Pictures will make it up at some point, along with I'm sure a few more words I settle upon after I can successfully move my digits again. So sore!

No comments: