


Good Morning!
4:30 a.m. rolls around and it was time to roll my sore body out of bed. It was tough for the first 30 seconds but when I fully realized my reason for waking up - I was ready! Charlotte and Reid and I were heading out for a sunrise hike.
It was an amazing hike up, I basically ran up the thing knowing if I ever stopped I wouldn't get started again. It's crazy to admit how sore I actually am (ahh crap!). We got to the top with time to spare, around 20 min before the sun was to rise. To be honest that's my favorite time -
dawn is actually a bit more enticing to me then the actual sunrise. The pictures explain our pure joy and the fact we are all "morning people" who love to rally when the rest of the town is asleep. Reid pulled out his bible and read a few verses and one that really stuck with me was in Psalm 139:18 "When I awake, I am still with you." Just a perfect verse to fit this wonderful day!The images did fail to capture a few aspects of the hike.. like - the amazing banana bread Charlotte made for us for our breakfast at the butte. I also failed to capture the hard core morning man we chatted with. Just as Char and I were finishing a conversation about how great it would be to have the dedication to hike this every morni
ng, an old man peaks his head over the towering boulders. He then goes to explain how he gets up almost every day 2 hours before sunrise to hike the long way around to Spencers just to get a little exercise in before breakfast. He was intense!Well I think that's about it for today. Great way to start a Sunday and only more fun to be had. The three of us had an amazing time together.

1 comment:
Love those pics!
Post a Comment