Wednesday, May 27, 2009

rather blog than write a paper


Syd thinking the water pipe was a perfect little tunnel to cool down in. It was actually super entertaining!


Alright, though I have yet to start a paper that is due at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow - - I am going to procrastinate for a bit longer and update. The procrastination started this morning the second I woke up :) Carried on through a hike, sunshine, one class, leadership meeting, shenanigan planning, skyping, roommate chat'n and now posting. Ehh oh well!

So back track ....

Hike - - Today Steph and I jumped in the car with Syd and Bogey (dogs) to hit a trail in her old stomp'n grounds. It was great, the way there (and back for that matter) was my own private tour through memory lane :) It was cool to see a side of this area I didn't know existed and to get a little info about it on the way. I learned all about this nutso town I would like to stay as far away from as possible and saw some pretty amazing scenery as we drove to this place called Shotgun Creek. The hike was beautiful and it was a good time to get some exercise, chat and laugh at the nutso dogs. On our way back we stopped by Steph's house she grew up in and visited her mom and her two horses. To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of horses - mainly due to the fact I feel like they want to kill me ... but ... it was actually pretty calming to be around them. When I was 5 I was on a trail with my family and my horse took a wrong turn and long story short I have yet to touch one since. Until today - just simply petting the horse created a new found respect. I can't say it changed my opinion completely, I still feel like those eyes are burning through me :) BUT I thoroughly enjoyed being around them (for the brief moment we were there). It's crazy how beautiful they are when you are up-close and personal. All in all a good hike/adventure.

Sunshine - - well there as been a lot of it lately and every minute I can, I am out there! Today consisted of sketching in my "idea book". Which quickly turned to cutting out things from a magazine, to which turned to listening to music, to which turned to laying in the sun.

Class - - It was a 'uber good class today. I love my design concepts class, quite possibly the only class I really get jazzed about. We pitched advertisement ideas today and mine was for my favorite coffee company Sleepy Monk (in cannon beach). One of my best friends and I (Kara) came up with my idea pitch while laying in the sun last week. The class loved it and I can't wait to put it into full steam for my final project.

Leadership Meeting - - It was a meeting full of leaders ;) and.. a game of woofle-ball

Shenanigan planning - - Well I can't divulge that info otherwise it wouldn't be shenanigans :)

Skyping - - A frequent form of communication for a few friends of mine. I love it!

Roommate Chat'n - - A common theme in my household, especially between my number 1 DB :)

And that brings us to posting.. haha.. Could I procrastinate any more.. Well Steph did give me some pretty enticing books to read :) But for now It's off to another riveting Ethics paper! Enjoy my pointless ramble!

4 comments:

StephieAnne said...

Ah, so much fun. Glad Holly and Celila might be the beginning for some horsey-healing for you. I'd rather you do away with that full body pic of us....ick!

btw- ankle still an issue! I'm getting so old!

Kristina Rhodes said...

Wahoo! Give it up for SKYPE! At least we were discussing our ethics homework!

StephieAnne said...

You didn't have to honor my request, but it's really sweet that you did..... =)

j.nelson said...

ha. steph --- you cared enough to check . so i cared enough to take it off :)

krhodey --- i can't believe bivins said that to you today, he deserves some more prayer. let's lay hands on him on Tuesday :)