Thursday, July 9, 2009

answered prayer


Today was just a straight up reminder that the power of prayer is undeniable when you honestly and whole heartily give your burdens to God. Prayer has always been an area of struggle in my faith, I constantly forget the importance and I let days slip by without realizing I have failed to stop and take a moment to pray. Before coming home this summer I was in constant prayer, constant community, fellowship and accountability. My prayers were full of worry of the coming summer and the lack of community back at home. I was uncertain about the environment at work and the drive of my heart. I was doubting my strength to keep my desire Christ centered and to not let the past creep into my present. I was saddened to leave my new friends and family in Eugene and uneasy about opening up old wounds. God has fully delivered. I have been swallowed by new friends, amazing experiences with clients, and a complete focused heart. I have realized that leaving Eugene is nothing to be saddened with, it is a simple reminder that I truly do have family beyond Cannon Beach. The prayer bead tied around my right wrist reminds me each day to stay in prayer not only for myself but those who need it most. There are times that the past builds a boulder impossible not to trip on but the hand that reaches for me first is strong, solid and merciful.

2 comments:

StephieAnne said...

I think this is my favorite post yet.

j.nelson said...

:) thanks steph!