Sunday, July 12, 2009

stormy weekend.



This weekend has been super slow, full of visitors and surprisingly entertaining! Let's see if I can rewind to Friday and remember all of the random activities we mustered up. Friday after a full day of lessons, surfing and working Keith and Brian showed up. Keith is a great friend from school and Brian is a great friend that I met out in the water last year (he lives in p.town). Keith drove up and he didn't even have time to remember putting his wetsuit in my car before I had him up at the beach ready to surf, but like I said he was "rushed" so he forgot his wetsuit back at the surf shop... so we drove back and with the nice 30min detour we were paddling out for his second time! I gave Brit a guilty phone call on our way up to get her suited up with us, she hadn't hit the water since we got home and I was having non of that any more. So me, Brit, Brian, Keith, and a few locals were having a great time. We were just durfing around and all of a sudden the seas change. It was crazy this front moved in as we were out there and I felt like I was in a movie, Brian and I were cursing we didn't have a camera. After a good session we headed to the Warren House Pub - a common theme post water time. We were just about to finish dinner and a few friends walked in that I hadn't seen in over a year. It was great, played some darts and caught up with missed times. Saturday morning came and after a fun photo shoot beach walk I went off to my surf lessons -- to which never showed. I was super bummed but tried to keep a good attitude about it.. especially since that meant I got to surf. So this weekend Keith managed to get two good surf sessions under is belt and by the end of the second one he was catching his own waves, standing up and totally comfortable being on the outside. He had a great time and ended up calling it a day because his shoulders couldn't move any more :) The three of us took a nice little nap, shower and got ready for the concert. We headed down south for some fresh Mexican food and The Ultronz at the SandDune Pub. Left Coast Siesta (Mexican food) was amazing and I'm glad Brian and Keith now know the must eats around town. The Ultronz (local band) was insane, 80% if the bar I knew and the other 20% were cut'n a rug with us on the dance floor. My surf lesson from Monday even showed up! We woke this morning to thunder and lightening, Maddy is horrified hiding under the kitchen bar and Keith and I are slowly waking up from a long night.

No comments: