
Today was a simply a reminder of God's hand in my life. A quick re-wind. I took a bike ride to my favorite solitude spot at home. I love finding places where I can get completely lost in the simple things. This early morning ride turned into one of the best ways to start the day. In prayer, hand in hand to the one who is the center of my life. Here is a little blurp from my journal from this morning.

" You will find me perched in the power of prayer. Here I am silent, alone, yet with the company of a man who never leaves my side. Here I am warm, here I am filled with clarity and content. My feet slip out of their shoes to embrace the texture of the once abrasive rock, mulled over by the power of the ocean. My eyes are fixed upon the vastness of the Pacific. Here I can stare into solitude. "

After my morning stroll, we had the biggest lesson of the summer 14! 12 kids and 2 adults.. just Micah and I and it was epic, it went so smooth and the water was warm and the waves were small - Perfect! Then I headed back to work, laid in the sun while I ate lunch, worked for a few hours and then lesson number 2 :) It was 3 teenage boys, I was apprehensive on how it would go but it was great! I got out of the water at 7:00 p.m. --- went back to the shop, closed up and just finished a fresh halibut dinner! YUM! To top that off I got to chat with some great friends from Eugene that I hadn't been doing a good job keeping in touch with. Now for a long shower and a good movie night with Maddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment