Monday, July 20, 2009

Gutmann's!!


Every year we (as in Micah and I) look forward to the Gutmann family lesson. This is their third, maybe fourth year coming back but it feels like the tenth. I am so blessed with the job that I have and even though at times I fail to remember the blessing God has given it is days like this that it is impossible to ignore. I had the count down until they came and the first e-mail from Caroline (the instigator) couldn't have come soon enough! The core crew is Kenan, Caroline with a trailing -- Reid, Jace, Reese, Alex, and Oliver and this year we added Delci, Maya and Kari (and that's only the kids). We had that last Thursday and Friday, it's always a two day deal with this family. I was so overwhelmed with joy the entire two days they were here.

This is Reid (Caroline's boy). All of the kids are somehow related, whether they are sisters, brothers or cousins. Reid is my little boy of the group, the first year he attached to me and because of his age -- he was a little timid at first in the water. It's so great to see him now fully independent and fearless of the ocean. He helps us out on our "ocean safety and knowledge" talk every year! What an amazing kid.


This is Alex, he is my other little guy. Just a few weeks ago I got a post card in the mail from him. It was a drawing of him surfing last year and on the flip side a little thank you note. I about melted when I got it. He invited Micah and I over for dinner this year and some how we all managed to let it slip out minds and it never was figured out when we should come. Maybe next year. Alex learned a new trick this year--surfing backwards, though it's not what we strive for in technique I can't help but laugh and enjoy the smiles these kids have.

No comments: