Monday, July 27, 2009
petunias tomatoes.
Yesterday was my cousins B-day. For all of those who don't know I'm talking about Heather-Loo! Heather and I are the closest in age between us cousins (for me). I'm the youngest nelson - that makes number 11 (heather) and 12 (me)! Yup we have a lot of cousins and that's just the round of 1st cousins... I believe we are up to 10 second cousins (great grandchildren). That's just the Nelson side. Well anyways Heather and I grew up just absolutely loving each others company. From things like drawing pictures and walking around house to house trying to sell our art work, making up songs on our trip to Idaho for a family reunion, tape recording songs on her bed after figuring out petunias are edible, teaching me to read "Berenstain Bears", raspberry body spray, the only time I have thoroughly enjoyed riding horses, Freddie the frog stuck in the fridge, jumping into the Wildhorse Canyon pool - stripped to our skivvies and literally broke the ice, having you correct every one of the 120 pages of my info hell project, and simply enjoying time spent at Grandma's. As high school came to an end and Heather left for California to start a new chapter, even though we were far apart and our talks held the same trend we never let our tight relationship slide. I still remember sitting in the audience as you walked up the aisle with Jesse, my mind was on a constant re-wind of all the amazing memories we had together! I love you Heather I hope you had an amazing day, showered with love and a constant reminder of how amazing you are. You have been an amazing role model through all of the years, an endless inspiration to keep God the center of my life and a flawless reflection of his love. Happy Birthday - I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, Julie! You are one special girl. I love you dearly, and your words warm my heart. We'll always be best cousins, no matter how far apart we live. Love you!
Post a Comment