Monday, August 10, 2009
quick switch
After an amazing Saturday full of lessons and hands down meeting the most humble family with a thirteen year old son with the manners of a thirty year old. Sunday comes and my week long plan to skate of to Eugene didn't go through because an afternoon lesson booked. After church with my Mom and Ashley.. and getting caught up with old friends - I went to work to find out my lesson was a no show. I was initially perturbed but after chatting with a good friend I was on my way to P.town. For those who know... summer = every day in CB. Sooooo the thought of going to Eugene and P.town in the same week (big stretch). I met up with Travis and Zach and Travis's friend Garrett (who had the boat). The four of us hit the water and got a few runs in. This was officially the 3rd time I had been behind the boat and I'm totally hooked. It was such a great spontaneous trip to P.town and I was fully blessed to be included in the adventure. The boys were throwing ridiculous tricks, most I had never seen and some I had never even heard of. After the boys successfully put me to shame we headed off to church. The three of us headed to church after sending off Garrett to the rest of his day. We were starving and ended up making the tail of burgers before church. The service was amazing and a topic to which I had previously done a lot of thinking about. The worship was tear jerking and the sincerity in the place was evident. Zach and Travis and I met up with Joel (my brother), Ashley (sis in law), Adam (the boy), and Drew (good friend from Eugene). We all headed off to Cold Stone and were finally kicked to the curb by my new Cold Stone friend who let me mix 3 flavors in a "like it" size :) After a random shopping experience at Walgreen's.. who knew they made stretchy shirts with matching purses! .. we headed to Zach's sister's house for a "fire" and drinks. Adam had to jet to pick up one of our friends from the airport, that left Zach - Trav- and I to the "fire". We sat around Zach's new favorite pass time and called it a night around 1:00 a.m. (So past my bedtime) I woke up this morning at 5, to drive home and make it back in time to eat, relax and get to work at 8:30. I'm not gunna lie .. the city has a new respect from me. Driving over the Ross Island Bridge as the moon was lighting the water below was pretty awe dropping. By the time the sun started to rise I was looking over the plains at a painted sky. Now back to the coast and today consists of a lesson at 9, another at 12, and work from 2-8. Then the boys (Adam, Zach and Trav) will be back in town by the time I'm off work... fun times, no sleep, great memories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you are one busy busy person! hopefully your head is feeling better today. i forgot to tell you yesterday that you were in my stomping grounds! solid rock is right by house. and if you were at the coldstone off scholls you pretty much were 3 min away from my home :) loves!
Good grief, woman - crazy. There's no way I could have kept up with all of that. Glad you had so much fun!
Post a Comment