Friday, September 4, 2009

a time to be showered with love.

Let's put life on rewind and catch you up on the warm hearts that have come through my front door lately. Wednesday started just like any other summer morning - sunrise, saved by the bell and an epic surf lesson followed by a full day at work. Work ended and with complete excitement filling my body in await for Kara and Shelby to crack the silence of the night and fill it with their laughter. We walked around town as the stars lit the sky, and just as our hearts poured into each other with love, understanding and grace the ocean matched our rhythm. We got home and fell asleep snuggled on the couch watching a movie. The next morning we awoke, well I woke them up to catch some joe and a beach walk before I had to go back to work. The wind was howling so our beach walk quickly turned back to the coffee shop. Non the less we sat and enjoyed each others company, just sitting, chat'n, and talking about our Savior. It was such a great encouragement having those girls with me.After work on Thursday another great friend of mine from Eugene made his way to my home town. Two'o clock came around and it was time to take the sunny afternoon in a grip and enjoy it. Will and I jumped in the car and headed to my favorite hike in Cannon Beach. Brittney joined us for the trek and the three of us hit the trails. I have done this hike more than I can count and it never seizes to amaze me. The theme of our hike... "Thanks God!"Just taking a second look at these images brings me to my knees in praise that I give my heart and soul to the one who created these flawless views.On our descend we decided that one 5 mile hike wasn't enough, so we jumped in the car and took a second hike. It was a beautiful day and we had to take advantage of our surrounding, both in company and weather. The three of us had such a great time. Will had us busting at the seams. We all decided that we would spend the second hike singing songs from our past. It was great, we hit all the classics in every genre. After we were out of songs Brit started bringing up the "remember when" stories. It made for a very interesting hike and Will got to know us on such a deeper level---oh great! I couldn't bring my mind of any subject but the promise of God. These past few weeks have shook my foundation for the good and the bad. I would love to say I am a advocate of change, an individual that embraces a shake in the routine - but I'm not. I'm a home town girl who loves consistency. Lately I have been reminded that no matter the change, heart ache, or stress God never changes. My mind may change, my life, my job but God is the only thing, the only constant shower of love and grace that never shifts. After our 10 miles of hiking we were famished. We drove down to Left Coast Siesta and enjoyed a great burrito sitting on the beach, watching the sunset - so great. We called it a night with a bowl of blackberry ice cream and a much needed shower. Will and I decided that we would take sunrise run and come 6:00 a.m. we were both antsy to hit the sand. Talk about experiencing God's promise. As we kept a steady pace, we looked to the shore and were taken back by the full moon shining like the sun, giving a glow across the ocean - stuck in between the two south needles. We ran to Silver Point and watched the moon set over the horizon as the sun soaked the darkness with its welcoming rays. The sunrise was just as gorgeous as the moon falling slowly into the water. Will and I followed our run with a quick hit to Waves of Grain, we enjoyed a bowl of homemade granola, much needed caffeine and a fun sketh'n sesh of our adventures.
Will headed on his way as I walked on to work. Work FLEW by and just as I was ready to jump out of my seat, Jordyn walked in the door. Jorydn is a great friend from Montana that lived with my family last summer. It was so great to see her, as I heard her voice I turned and embraced one of the most amazing woman of God I know. No matter where we are in life, location or experience she is always there to give me the wisdom I am in need of. She is such a vibrant soul and not a moment is dull with us together. Jordyn, Caleb and I jumped in the car and headed North to finish up some errands I needed to run. We turned a boring Costco run into a very humorous outing. This is how we do it. We had such a great car time, we drove up North, sampled some good Costco snacks, bought some shorts a new digital camera, had some great grub at The Stand, a cone, a beach walk and surf check. On the way home all we did was sit in silence listening to worship music, giving our hearts silently to the one we love the most.J.Bird and Juice Box are together again. I can't believe it's been so long since I have seen you, love you Jordyn!

2 comments:

StephieAnne said...

I can see why your heart is so full! You are living the "Abundant Life"!!!!

Unknown said...

I love my juice box and I am so blessed to be apart of your life! Thanks for letting me come wreak havoc on the town with you...the blackberry trail is long, juicy and calling our name for a revisit very soon!