
What a day off! :) I decided that I needed to take a "personal day" and simply say hello to the weekend. I'm super stoked because this weekend I am showing some of my photos at The Stormy Weather Arts Festival, but before I head home it was hike time. Even though Steph is way too popular to handle :) I tracked her down for a morning and little to my knowledge it would turn into one of best hikes to date. No joke a great time all around, from the car ride to the potty stop - I had fun. On the way out there, I had no idea where we were going and so thus I had no expectations on when we would get there. It was a drive but a drive I wouldn't mind taking again. Today just screamed fall to me, from the smells to the trees blowing around.. it was great (but you can tell winter is coming!). The hike was so great! I'm not even too sure how to explain it but it was super. I was raving about the smells of the hike because it just bloomed of cold air, fresh water and Oregon trees.

I love being shown new places and it wasn't bad having your own personal guide along the trip :)

I couldn't get over how green and clear the water was. It was so cool. Honestly I felt like a kid in a toy store...I'm all about my toy store being THIS!




Did I mention that I love this dog? Cuz I do! She is too freaking cute and even though I found out today the fun games she plays when she doesn't want to get in the car... I still love her. But sorry Syd.. Maddy-Mo is still #1

Holy Moses breathtaking.. I know.. I know!

Can you get much better than this on any given freaking Thursday.. I don't think so. Thanks Steph for taking me out there. It was so great! I LOVED the hike and everything about it... but my favorite time I think was driving back, listening to some seriously epic Christmas music, warm comfyness of the car and watching the leaves. A total moment of complete contentness... Syd asleep in the back...and a sorta moment when you try to think of something but you can't because nothing is distracting you from the blank slate of it all. I was just all about it, from our great convo to the silence :) Love ya!
2 comments:
It's too bad you had such a rotten time today!
I want you to know that I cuddled up on my bean bag (after picking up the kids) with the fire going behind me and slept for an hour and a half! You tuckered me out.
Love you too - great pics, as always- have a blast this weekend!
Welp Brose just called as I was reading your response! So it's go time. I know today was such a crap shoot.. what a dumb choice of mine to skip school :)
P.S. I'm jealous of your fire and nap.. but no lie I had fun getting more frames and looking at Christmas decorations..
Loves
Post a Comment