Thursday, December 24, 2009
12.14.09 Napili Bay - Day one
I woke up so early I got to see the sunrise wipe clear the pitch-black sky to intoxicating red and blue. The smell of coffee and the islands all in one whiff, so great. Mom and Dad and I sat out on the patio just enjoying the morning. We all scurried our stuff together and were more than excited to have a full day in Maui. Packed and here we go. We stopped to rent some snorkel gear on our way to Napili. It’s my parent’s favorite beach and I can totally see why. It was amazing. Dad and I wasted no time and we’re off to the coral reef.

We circled the entire bay and saw some crazy see life. I mean nothing out of what you expect to see but everything of what you expect - no let downs. It was so fun just me and my Papa. The sun was blazing and it was well into the mid 80’s all day.
After we had our fix of snorkeling it was just relax time on the beach. Mom and I headed up to the general store at one point and found these epic mango popsicle things, so freaking good. It was as if they froze POG on a stick and made it sorta a milky consistency… sound good? Because it was! Dad and I busted out the paddles and hit the ball around in the shore break; we started getting pretty freaking good at it. Practice! I took a solo mission walk down south of the bay and say my first whale of the trip give a little high five and slip back in the water. I’m not sure what the next bay was called but it was as well jaw droppingly beautiful. I had to do some climbing, maybe a little trespassing but Shhh what of it. By the time I got back Dad and I had one more round of snorkeling left to squeeze in. This time we headed out to the front reef and it’s super shallow and slightly sketchy in parts but totally worth it. I was just swimming along and BOOM hi turtle. I snapped a few pictures but I just wasn’t ready for it and it was either.. swim closer and get high and dry on the reef or snap the best one and get the H out of there. I chose option 2. Once we hit the beach it was time to load up and pick up the second wave of family from the airport. Let’s put it in the books Napili gets an 8.5 in my book. Lost points due to the lack of bathroom! But the seclusion of it, snorkeling and all around “feel” was to thumbs up. We dropped Dad off at the car rental and let him get Ryan, Jess and Tay. Mom and I headed out to get some last minute necessities and were on our way to start dinner. They got to the condo and it was game time. We had already made a Mai Tai for all of us so when they walked in the door it was there for all the right reasons. After the hello’s .. oh wait I mean Aloha’s - dinner time. Ryan, Dad and I sat out by the bbq and sipped out drinks while Jess and Mom got the rest ready. I can’t tell you the last time I had red meat but was it good! A warm night, almost all my family, steak, mai tai, and a brilliant sky of stars oh and being in Hawaii.. good life I’d say. Post dinner it was dip time. We headed to the beach and Ry, Sis and Dad and I jumped in.
So great. I mean of course we would be, but I can’t explain how lifted our sprits were. Everyone was hysterical with joy. After the needed ocean swim - Sis, Ry and I jumped in the pool.
We took a fun amount of under water pictures and Jess was less than impressive at anything to do with that situation. We all crashed once we lay down and once again it was time for an early morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment