IT’S MORNING! Another warm morning sitting having coffee with now a few extra bodies. Uhg I just love it. Even though Ryan I didn’t run today - it was still exactly what I had wished it would be. Once Taylor woke up we were now not only content but entertained. She woke up so happy and alert, ready to hit the beach. This girl is such a water baby and hearing her answer you when you ask.. Tay where are you? Ha-why. So adorable.

We decided that it would be best just to hit our beach today and we were right. The whole fam damily was on the beach before 9:00.. maybe even before that and with a baby that’s dang impressive. The second we unloaded, Dad and I headed to the surf shop. I had called Kai before and asked if we could come by to grab a few toys and we was more than willing to help out. Dad was itching to get a paddleboard and I was right there with him. After a very successful drop by the shop we were off with a surfboard, paddle board and even a few beach chairs. Dad didn’t skip a beat, he hit that water so fast once we got back to the beach. Let me tell you that thing is a hoot.



I got out there on it and didn’t want to get off. Ry even tried it too. Jess never would but that’s no big surprise, but we will get her out on it sometime this week. On one of my many trips out on it I was being my own little whale rider. I was paddling north to check out a break Dad spotted. It was a lot longer trip than I had intended but I was into it. On the way back, well the only reason it was a way back was because I saw a whale breach and I was on quick. I wanted to go out farther to get a closer look but not going to lie I was flying solo and flying solo beyond where the sail boats are was just a little odd to me. I was quiet far out there in the first place. But anyways on the way back I just cruised right along the pod. They were blowing air, breaching, slapping, it was great. I followed them for about twenty minutes than tried to At one point Dad and I tried to paddleboard together to go chase the whales, it was harder than I had thought but Dad lost his sense of adventure pretty fast once we ditched it. Oh did I explain how cute Taylor was.. because I’m pretty sure words won’t do justice to the excitement she had. Such a water baby.

It was a good family day at the Cabana and as Mom was sunned out, Jess and Ryan were with Taylor - Dad and I just relaxed. A fellow Elderadian wanted to try out the paddleboard and with him scampered two young kids. It was pretty cute watching the three of them paddle around. Oh it was so hot out today it was definitely reaching on the higher end of the 80’s at one point. The sky was remarkable and the sun perfect. Let’s see how long the whether holds out like this! Once Dad and I made it back to the rest of the family it was time for more sun and more drinks. I was summoned to make everyone Mai Tais and even though Dad and Ry and I had Corona’s on the beach - I wasn’t apposed.

We sip and enjoy. Non to long after we all finished Mom walked out with a pitcher of what I though was full of iced tea. Boy was I wrong.. Hey mom what’s in the picture… oh nothing just a pitcher of Mai Tai’s… ohw woah! Here comes dinner time and it was off to Lahinia for the night. We ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and oh was it good. I had a “Bucket of Boat Trash”, which entitled lobster, ahi and shrimp on a bed of fries. Along with that a pomegranate margarita.



Ry had a BIG beer, sis a blue Hawaii and dad and I had the margarita -Mom opted for iced tea.. Again. Oh dinner was one amazing food but two amazing view.

We got a table on the waterside, over looking the pier and we sat down just in time for sunset. Breathtaking! Dad during dinner revealed what I gathered to be their anniversary gift (the big 30 in less than a month). It was some cold hard cash to find a new wedding ring.

After dinner it was Lahina time. We very quickly walked through all the shops, I bought a mug but even though Taylor was the first to show it.. we all were pooped.
Now that I’m all caught up on the days thus far in Hawaii I am going to do what the rest of the family is doing.. pass out!
1 comment:
ah so jealous! i have been wanting to try a paddleboard for so long. merry christmas!!
Post a Comment