Friday, December 25, 2009

12.16.09 Cabana Day and Black Rock Snorks

Another great day! A late start for me, this time I woke up around 7:00 am.. I’m going to not try and let that one happen again. Mom made a great breakfast and all of were stuffed before we knew what happened. Once again Ryan and I = no run. Crap! Once we all figured out the plan for the day, Me-Sis-Ryan and Dad headed to black rock to get some snorkeling in. Ryan and Jess had to get used to the whole ordeal but Dad and I were ready to rock so we jetted out. We saw some great sea life, the usual turtle but this one was beautiful. The colors were brilliant and the skin on this beut was vibrant. The wind had picked up so we were a little reluctant to head out beyond the point and over to the inlet that we usually venture to. Dad and I were getting tossed a tad in the wind wakes so we decided to go join Ryan and Jess back by the shallow reef. It wasn’t the perfect clear water we had wished for but there was no room for complaining you could still see as far as you wanted. The four of us headed back to pack up Mom and Taylor and head to the beach. And that is exactly what we did. It was another day at our beach, LOVE IT! We posted up and this time Dad jimmy-rigged a cart for the paddle board, that thing is rough. Of course we took the paddleboard out for a few rides but today was a little on the tougher side due to the wind. I liked it.. there was more of a challenge but I’m not going to lie it was a rough go about turning that sucker around. And flying solo in the deep blue around the point, I was less than excited to tip the thing. Phew I never did. Though I did jump in the water at one point when they Whales were flipping around - I thought just maybe I could hear them. Nope. Either I was dumb for thinking I could or I just didn’t stay down long enough, get deep enough or chill out enough to hear them. It was sorta an odd feeling to be so far out all alone with no goggles to know what is underneath you. The paddleboard is just so much fun, at one point me, Ryan and Dad were all on it. Not only were we all three sitting on it, we all three were enjoying a corona - life is good. Another highlight of the day was when sis got completely owned by the shore break. It was hilarious, she was trying to boogie board her way in and Dad was “coaching” her.. aka setting her up for failure - on purpose. She took a shore break slap and came up with more sand in her hair than you could imagine. Dad just stood there dying of laughter as did the rest of us. On one of my trips out on the paddleboard something large and dark swam under me. At first I had not idea what it was and honestly still don’t but it was fast and didn’t surface for over two minutes - then I lost track of it. I initially started chasing it then reality of the situation set in and I turned around and headed back to at least be in sight of someone. I think today I may have over done it on the sunrays but who cares. I mean come on.. it’s Hawaii! I was so into my book today and was all about the surroundings, so why would I move into the shade? It was time to head back to the Condo and we all sat around with drinks in hand playing cards and eventually Dad taught us Farckle. After Mom whooped us in Farkle it was dinner and Whaler’s village. Mom made a mean dinner again and Dad bbq some seriously good chicken. Mom and Papa and I went “shopping”. I didn’t buy anything today but it was more a scout ot mission on my end. We did however stop for ice cream and I got this traditional coconut concoction thing and a scoop of kona coffee. So good! So worth the hurt! It’s the daily down time moment in the condo where ever one is passed out but Ryan and I. Right now I’m updating my “journaling” and he is finishing up some work for school. My biddy-bug, along with the rest are sound asleep inside. The stars are so great again tonight. I’m thinking about sleeping outside but part of me wants to curl under some cold sheets and call it a night. Choices.

No comments: