Friday, December 11, 2009
Ok..I'm ready.
Here's to the last post for awhile. I don't plan on posting or using my computer at all in Hawaii other than to upload images to allow more pictures to be taken. I wasn't going to bring my computer at all but I realized I rather do that then buy a ridiculous amount of memory cards just for the trip. Today I woke up 'uber late (8:45) and just chilled with Maddy for a tad, got ready for the cold and took her on a walk. We walked down to the shop and visited with prego prego Kellye and persuaded Tedo to hit the surf. On our walk home on the beach, it was amazingly crisp - not a cloud in the sky and the surf was clean. I called Joel and gave him the guilt trip. The first call he said nope sorry sis I can't. Then within 10 min my persuasion worked and he was on his way. We hit the surf around 11 or so. I jumped into my suit here at the house, which I never do unless its below freezing. My suit was suppose to be "fixed" and well it wasn't. The hole was still very evident in my shoulder. I ran down to the shop and to my lovely surprise.. well not really a surprise. I tried on this suit Mark had for me and it fit like a glove. New suit! We headed off to Indian Beach and paddled out. It was fun. I was honestly warm and toasty in my new suit, only my big toes and tips of my fingers felt any sort of briskness. Thanks to my new West - life was warm! That soon ended. My last wave was a fun left, dropped in and just as the smile on my face took full effect the lip of the shore break had other plans.. WOMP I was in. I popped up after getting a good slap off my board and the two waves after that were painfully cold. Because I was so warm sitting for a swell to come, I had taken my hood off.. Bad idea! Bad bad bad idea. My head was so cold I wanted to cry. With that I was caught in the inside, shivering and my motivation very low. I decided to walk in, grab my bible, and take some pictures of Joel and Mark. I tried to change as fast as I could but with the temps as cold as they were.. standing half naked was very painful. The trail back to the car was frozen solid (just a visual of the issue). I'm pretty sure at one point my lips were bluer than my sweatshirt. All in all I'm glad that we are leaving for Hawaii.. I'm ready for some warm water. Right now it's a high of 84 degrees and I can here the white sand calling my name :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like the perfect experience to prep for the true blessing that Hawaii will be to you!
Post a Comment