Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back in action


First night back and not complaints. I headed off to school with a quick stop to see my grandparents and cousins. Lunch with the family - chit chat and then to Eugene. With this new law with cell phones I was careful not to text but come on i-5 with no one to talk to--ya right! A nice little hand-me-down from my papa and I was golden. I finally got home and with a quick unload of the car, it was grub time. Heather and I headed to Humble Beagle (a place we have wanted to go for over a year now). SO GOOD. We had a baked feta and caper crusted dish, lentil soup, and a hummus and pita plate accompanied with a good brew. Dinner date was grand. Just us - catching up on life and laughing our brains out at the little things. Oh and the lady next to us telling her boy friend about her friends "woman parts" and the complications (in detail) of her labor. All in all I would say Humble Beagle is a favorite and being there with Heather +10 points. Then it was off to get a movie, we grabbed "The Hangover" thinking it would be a good laugh. Well it was, but way more wildly inappropriate than we had thought. But with the pellet stove on, Kelli home, Heather and I crocheting and being back home - it was all good. Some good laughter in the hallways for reasons not needed to be discussed.. some vulgar language in thanks to Kelli Maks. And a 30 min shower this morning from the one.. the only.. KELLI!  Oh ya.. I'm back!

No comments: