Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cook'n lately?

So here is a quick update on the latest fun in the kitchen.

A few days ago.. oh maybe even a week or so ago... a few of us decided it was time to make a huge cookie. Long story short we ate our lives away, made our own little pazooki (or what ever they are called). It was so good. Me, Abby M., Emily and the roommates.. yum yum yum. Oh and Ellen was there too.. in spirit :) tee hee


Just a few days ago it was pizza night. Becca and I wanted to get together again and make dinner - since last time was an amazing soup creation! We decided it was my house again and let's do pizza. What kind you ask? Your guess is as good as mine :) Becca and Kaela came over and then we three headed to the store. We picked up some random things at the store and met up with Brian and Mark. Back to the house and it was pizza time. Becca and I dominated the kitchen while the rest of them played Wii. It ended up in a sweet potato, fried zucchini, mushroom, olive, onion, pepper, cheese, and feta ... yum! I'm sure there was more on it that I just don't remember.. and for some reason I don't have an image of it.. Suck.

Will has been dreaming of this bourbon brie apple dish for a few weeks now and we finally made it. It was so good. I love making things and making things with someone in the kitchen with you is oh so much better. We made that and he bbq'd some veggies. Super good. That week we also made Will and Julie Oatmeal breakfast cakes. Basically pancakes without a recipe that had oatmeal in them... but they were dense.. super dense! Yet good, we made them for Brose - breakfast the second he woke up :)



Last adventure in the kitchen was homemade granola. So good. I was super stoked to make it. Steph was coming over for breakfast and she said nothing heavy. So I tried to think of something she wouldn't normally make herself, something I had never made before and something that wasn't super heavy - - - so that meant granola in my mind. Will went to the store with me, which was fun in itself. Then off to make the creation. I sorta followed a recipe but sorta didn't. I looked at some different ideas to put in it and then off just throwing things into a bowl and seeing if it mixes. It seemed to workout.. Steph liked it and so did I -- so good to go I say.


Somewhere in there I gotta mention the new love for mahi mahi...and the amount of mahi I have been cooking. Will and I have got the asparagus, Mahi, some sort of carb dinner pretty much pack down :)

[more pictures to come]

No comments: