Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sweet Life :)

So far date night has managed to continue on Wednesday nights - no matter our crazy schedule. Yesterday was a crazy busy day for both Will and I. Me.. more so with campus chores. Will.. school and a trip to Salem. He came home with being able to see his papa and brother for a bit, which is always encouraging to hear about as well as some great news I couldn't be happier to hear about. Will was so great, instead of pushing date night to another day - he rang true to our new "tradition" and booked it home. He called earlier to warn me it was going to be a post dinner date night, so I had an idea of when he would be coming home. He rushed back and there he was ready to rumble for some dessert date night.


I have only been to Sweet Life once before, Will had never gone -- so we were both stoked to enjoy some epic sugary treats. Oh wow was it good. We took forever to decide, other than Kelli and Heather's orders (Will is seriously too good of a BF).  We finally decided on coffee, and two treats to "share" (ya right). He snagged a cherry crumble pie and I had the dessert of the month - - some espresso soaked chocolate souffle cake thing... oh wow. Gluttony at it's best.. we couldn't stop munching on our treats, not matter how sweet, how rich, how full we were...We grabbed our fun to go and headed out. We went up to the top of skinners butte to enjoy our treats and the view of the city at night. It was beautiful. It was a great time to just have a moment to catch up on each others day and chit chat about who knows what... it was a great time to dive a little deeper in conversation without any distractions.  I was a big fan of the simplicity of the night and getting to spend it with someone who I think is well.. pretty special was all that better. Thanks my dear for a great date night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw sounds like a great evening! i like Will too because he gets me dessert. approved :)