Monday, January 11, 2010

dinner.bastketball.avatar.

Last night, well all of this past weekend it was a constant saying of - I should do my homework. In total sincerity but also in total acceptance to any distraction. Friday = no school and good times. Saturday = Day with the Riley's. Sunday = church and great life choices. Sunday afternoon I got a phone call from Micah with a fun little invitation to dinner. Of course I was game, especially when she noted what she would be making for us too. She invited Will to come as well but he wanted us to have a night to catch up so he opted to be studious. Micah made mannacotti, salad, french bread and I brought over some red wine (The one, the only, Banrock Station). It was just the two of us for dinner and it was great to just hang out. It's great to know how much life changes and how friendships fluctuate and the friendship I have with Micah has been obtained for 18 years. WOW that is so weird to say, such a blessing. I just love it. After dinner date with Micah it was back home to distract Will from homework, watch the rest of the boys UO b.ball game (sad day) and than off to the movies.

I'm stoked it's back to basketball season, I've missed it. This is the last season for Mac court and kudos to the Beavs for making a dent in the loss streak at Mac court. It was a tough game to watch but a good game all the way to the buzzer. Besides the fact that the woman did win, the shots being taken were more thoughtful and our defense was tighter with the woman. Taylor Lilley (#1) was just living up to her reputation and was hitting 3's from way down town. Cocks, Micaela (#2) was another lethal weapon in their game. They are 2 out of the 3 seniors on the team and let me tell you they will be missing these two girls next year. The boys weapon, Tajuan Porter (#12) is projected to give the team a good year - he is the mighty mouse on the court. Another senior that will be missed. Here's to a good season Ducks - let's do it!

Last night we also went and watched "Avatar". It was a "Matrix" meets "Pocahontas" sorta movie. It wasn't a waste of time, it wasn't the best thing I've ever seen but it was freaking entertaining. It was a 10:30 p.m. showing and I didn't fall asleep. Something to be said for that. Another 2:00 am bed time and a 7:00 am wake up call!

2 comments:

StephieAnne said...

Matrix meets Pocahontas.....that's good!

Stephietoo said...

BUMMER! Travis and I were talking about seeing if you and Will would want to go see Avatar with us. Hmm. We will need to figure out a fun movie to go see. Love ya, and glad you had such a great time with Mikayla, and then last night with Stephie and Kaela.