Last night the kitchen hummed with sounds of the makes of dinner. Warm bodies moved around in a harmonious way, each in their own project but together in the same destination. The day of school and work behind us and now nothing to occupy our minds but the meal we were about to share together. The bread warm, awaiting the first course and a dip in the dancing oil from the vinegar. The wine poured and the salad doused with dressing. There is something special about preparing a meal together, there is something sobering about sharing your work, your hands making the same creation but working separate on its variables. We sit hand in hand in prayer to our Father, giving thanks to our blessed life. The first course finished in satisfaction but in await. The oven opens with an aroma billowing from it's released heat. The fish lay upon a bed of asparagus, my belly grumbles in tease from the smells. We sit, enjoy and bask in the now.
My mind moves from an occupation of our indulging cuisine to a distracting yet fully enjoyable tune from the t.v. Not long from the television putting us all into a trance it was time to take a drive under the black sky. As my car chugged and my windshield wipers removed the unexpected drops of rain, the rhythm it put forth on the glass matched that of my pulse. As I took the last turn into the lot my heart began to drop it's guard and my humility was seeping, ready to be shared. I had the opportunity to sit down with a brother in Christ, a man of God I trust and admire. A father to an amazing little girl that will always have him wrapped around her tiny finger, a Father that has prepared near impossible shoes to fill for whom ever God has planned for her heart. A father also to a son whom will forever hope to grow up and be the man he sees in his Dad. A husband to a beautiful wife, a woman of grace and understanding I hope to one day obtain . I sat in awe of his wisdom and tears filled my eyes as well as his - we sat there in discussion of the Father we both share. For at that moment I realized to not worry of the future, but be excited and bask in the now. I left for home that night lost in encouragement. I drove slow for my time to reflect I did not want to end, I took turns to pave a longer way home for my prayers were filling the interior of my car - I didn't want to lose them. The words tight against the windows, the emotions filling the cracks where the words didn't fit. My heart content and filled with excitement, excited to allow the gift God has given me to walk into my heart and find a home - for now I stand certain not scared.
James 1: 5-8
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment