I jetted home after kick box and starting the transformation of the garage. Snow tires, bbq, five bikes, bike racks, wood, cans, garbage, paintings, boxes, it all had to find a new home. Once the bulk of the crap was out then it was time to sweep, light some candles (still smelled like gas) and get all the lights up. I unwound our Christmas tree and strung the lights around the garage. I brought in a table, chair, and some comfy blankets. I set up the computer and the second screen to watch a movie, then came the arranging of a play list and the hunt for a space heater. Lights hung (check), smell goods (check), table and dinner setting (check), check - check - check - check. I was ready. Now on to the car. Abbey and I had some issues jumping my car (darn thing) but finally we got it juiced enough to move a few feet. We got my junker out of the way and jostled her car parallel in the driveway to block it off - to create a nice little dance floor for us.
Swept the leaves and the outside is good to go. One last check in the Date Den. Chair nice and comfy, movie ready to play, play list set to roll, heater (on it's way) - where is Kelli? I called Kelli to see if she was on her way home yet and she was almost there. That was my signal to tell Will we are 15 min from date night. Kelli walks in and I call in our dinner order. I had Kelli set with my credit card to pick up dinner while I had Will on a walk under the stars. I great walk to catch up on each other's day and talk about the fun plans of this upcoming weekend. Will and I set off for a walk, he was so giddy not knowing what was going on. Kelli left and with a quick text to signal she was on her way back - we started back home.
We got to the house and Will had started to catch on throughout the tid bits of our walk and my great lack of ability to lie (as well as all 5 bikes in the living room). As we approached the drive way the sounds of Micheal Buble were loud and clear. I walked towards the garage, not the front door - which through him off. I opened up the garage to a Christmas light lit, Mr. Buble playing, warm and toasty, Thai dinner ready sorta greatness! Will's reaction was priceless, I loved it! He was so surprised :)
Our first dance of the night was to one of my favorite songs by him and then it was dinner time. Kelli had so greatly placed our dinner right in front of the space heater to make sure it was piping hot and ready for us. It was so wonderful. Fresh salad rolls, mango basil stir fry with jasmine rice and a peanut sauce smothered veggie stir fry with brown rice - sigh of greatness! Dinner was inhaled, we both were famished but don't let that fool you - we totally enjoyed it. After dinner we sat down for one of both our favorite movies, "P.s. I love You" yes you heard me right.. we both love it!
The movie ended and even though we both realized the reality of school was setting in (the fact that it was actually a school night.. not a weekend). There was no way we were ending the night yet, it was time to dance my dear.. time to dance! We jumped up, opened up the garage door and set out on the "dance floor". We danced to a little more Michael, this time "Everything" and a few other songs of his.. oh I'm such a fan!.. then a little Norah Jones "Come Away With Me", and ended it with the necessary Chris Brown jive. It was so fun. Being serious is great and all but that last dance - jumping around, spinning, snapping and all that jazz .. I was all about it. Topped off with a bowl of Tillamook's chocolate chip mint ice cream - the night was sealed in to be superb.
Worth starting homework at midnight? Without a doubt!

2 comments:
You rock, Julie (and so do your accomplices)! Sounds wonderfully romantic! (Don't let John read this post, he may expect me to clean out our garage to pull off a romantic surprise for him for his b-day....not a chance!)
Looks like fun little sis...very creative...but I wouldn't expect anything less!
Post a Comment