Saturday, January 16, 2010

An unexpected turn.


Friday rolled around and it's time to head to Cannon Beach for my Mom's 50th birthday party. I got my car packed, watched some "7th Heaven" and had a tad time with Will before hitting the road. I was just on i5 when my plans adjusted. Flying down the road and my hood decides to do the same. My hood flew up into the windshield cracking my vision and making one of the loudest sounds I have ever heard. I instantly ducked to see through the small crack I could manage to squeeze my eyes though, through the brakes on and pulled over. It was a very fast incident but dang my heart stopped. I opened my door and an unfamiliar face ran towards me. The woman who was behind me and saw it all unfold, she pulled over to make sure I was okay. She thought for sure the hood has smashed through the windshield. Her first words were, "An angel had her arms around you today." I smiled and thoroughly agreed with her. I pulled my car over a little bit more to at least put a few feet from me and the semi trucks rolling by. I was under my car literally thinking about how close I was to the tires of the passing cars (such an uneasy feeling) - I just wanted to get out of there. I finally got both surf straps tight around the car, in hopes the hood would stay some what down until I figured out what I was going to do with this 'ish. I was just about 4 miles from the Coburg exit (literally just getting started on my trip), so I turned off on Coburg - hazard lights flashing and crawling at 45 mph. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't get a hold of Will (dang his phone).  I called Steph and asked if I could come over. She was accepting to my self invite. I drove over and melted on her couch for hours. Escaping my current issue and my crazy week. Mikayla curled up with me on the couch and just cuddled with me while Steph did some mini chores, but still hanging and making sure I was okay. It was so great to just hang with them and slowly figure out with I should do. Kelli (my roommate) got off work and came to come pick me up, little did we realize we stayed there for three more hours. Tee hee! With many scenarios being pushed around the ending one was a trip for the both of us to CB. John and Steph let me leave Subi Sube on the corner until I get back from the weekend. John boy patched her up after we left (she was taking on some water). After a long trip that Kelli so greatly decided to take with me, a stop for some soda and sugar, and a rainy trip home - we finally got here! Now we are basking in the slowness of the coast. It's crazy to realize this past month'ish for me. I have never had stitches and never been in any sort of a car accident. Two in just a few weeks. This past "event" has put some things in perspective for me, even more so than being held under the water.

1 comment:

Kristina Rhodes said...

Oh my! So glad you're ok. :)