Sunday, February 21, 2010

My day with Kaela!

Another wonderful day of sunshine and another day of basking in God's blessings. I woke up to an empty house and just had a morning to myself by the fire, listened to worship music, had coffee and enjoyed the 29 degree frost bitten windows. Pastor Ben really hit home with me today and just kept my mind turning all day about some hot topic buttons in my life. After church Kaela and I had planned to hang out for a bit. We decided after a numerous amounts of failed attempts to find a good Thai place open - we decided on Market of Choice.
We loaded up a deli sandwich and other lunch necessities.. including my 3 dollar apple (don't ask).  We sat outside on the patio in the sun and just had a good 'ol lunch date. After out lunch date a previous joke turned reality to help the Riley's clean out their boat/garage. We headed over there and put in our attempts to help. I mean it's the least we could do, they put some much into our lives and so selflessly take out college kid after college kid on that boat. Rarely getting anything in return. Not that they do it in expectation of that (far from it).
The start of it all. We got the boat unpacked and now comes the fun stuff ;) Sorry Steph!
Mikayla was in need of a good recycle!
I just wanted to make sure I got it all... all the bugs!
But we all know it's great to be appreciated and to be shown that appreciation. Okay Okay Okay --  we might have hinted this was our ticket to the first boat trip out for the term. But in all seriousness they deserved the help! After we put in as much help as we could and John summoned as away ;) we were back to my place. By this time it was pushing after three (I think?) and we decided to go on one of our classic long walks. We grabbed out camera's and wow it's been way too long since I've taken my camera for the reason I really fell in love with photography - attempting at capturing God's. playground. We snapped a few nature shots and then found our way to the swing set at the near park. I'm not sure what park it is.. just one next to my house. It was like we were little kids again. This time the conversation was a tad different :)
Swinging and talking about our lives - diving deeper in a friendship, finding out more and more about each other with each passing hour. The sun started to set and with the chill setting it, it was back to the house. We sat in front of the pellet stove, listening to Colbie Caillet (getting ready for her concert!), continuing our day long talk and just hanging. Kelli finally got home and we continued this fun time in front of the fire - had some homemade chili (thanks to Kelli) and off to CCF. The day flew by! As Kaela and I discussed on the way to CCF we were together from 10 - 7 and it felt like we had just started to hang out. What a great day and yet another hash mark on the blessing list! A friend that only God could provide.

2 comments:

kleephotos said...

Love the post Jules. I had a awesome day with you. Looking forward to more to come. Love you!

j.nelson said...

that picture just kills me every time i look at at it.. too cute!