Sunday, February 21, 2010
Fly'n sunshine solo.
Yesterday was so beautiful. I woke up and was adamant on spending every waking moment in the sun - which I might say was very successful. I headed out for a long bike ride with Keith, we went out on the upper bike trails around Springfield and headed back through the back side of Alton Baker and here and there and back to AO. It was so beautiful out. I couldn't get over the smells, the warmth of the grass and pollens. I rode back to my house and posted up in the back yard. I laid out (where our back yard is roasting hot) and fell asleep just praying and thinking about how much of a blessing things have been for me lately. There is a time and a place to fly solo and it was then. After a few hours I started getting the summoning to slack line. I packed up my basket on my bike and headed back to Alton Baker. Logan and I through the Frisbee for a while and then I had enough, tossed out my blanket - got my pear and starting reading. I absolutely love to read in the sunshine. Reid finally met up with us and the three of us jumped around on the line for a bit. It's crazy how it's just like riding a bike - you just don't ever really forget the mechanics of it. The three of us met up with Keith and tried to find a mid day happy hour at a sushi place but came up empty.. ended up making dinner at AO and wasting time in the kitchen. By 8:00 it was time to call it a night and head back home. I had been sun kissed all day and was ready to relax by the fire. The ride home was frigid but the stars had me captivated the whole 2 + miles. I finally reached home and I was sorta reluctant to go in. I didn't want the day of enjoying God's great weather to end. I was sitting on the couch - - and here is the reason for this post. Not to tell you a play by play of my day. That's slightly mundane and I might even say pointless at times but it was those two moment I was by myself. Silent yet totally in-sync with the joy that God has put in my heart. The moment I was laying in the sun, kissed by the warmth and now back at the house - shivering from the sun's absence but completely content by the warmth the day still had on me. It was odd to have all my roommates gone, Will out of town and a few of my other "staples" up North. It was amazing to see friends I haven't spent much time with lately and to actually and 100% be alone at times. For those times I was alone yesterday I was lost in the beauty God has littered by life with. It is so easy to go day by day not taking a moment to stop and think. It is so easy to get stuck in a routine and not realize how amazing those people are that make up your "routine". I sat on my couch last night just replaying the day, replaying this last month, and finding myself rewinding all the way back to the beginning of this year. Just as my mind was switching from excitement and to a sense of worry of oh crap next year..uhhh...Maphet called. Maphet is one of Will's roommates, he was bored and wanted to hang out. So Maphet and I sat by the fire, watched the Olympics, had a brew and chit chatted. It was an encouragement to hear all the stars aligning in his life and the blessings he has been shown today as well. It was the cap to my day. To wake up on a Saturday morning - no plans - no expectations. To end the day with a minute time alone but those times being so impact-full and the rest being filled with friends that just add a few more hash marks on my blessing list - I'd say a Saturday for the memory books and time to realize God really is that good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment