Saturday, February 20, 2010

Harlem Globetrotters!!



First of all. I can't do justice to this day but I'll try. I get home from the amazing hike and Will and I do some homework until it's game time. We go to his house for a wardrobe change and find a lovely surprise of two of my greatest friends in the backyard that I haven't seen in WAY too long. From then it was off to Market of Choice for a quick but great snack/dinner - we were going to go out but at that point getting caught up with those friends was way more important. We go to park and realize shoots 30 min before game time, what were we thinking. Will was going to do the drop off and park method but we got a front seat parking - - happen chance of someone pulling out! We go to get in line for Will Call and ummm yeah it was wrapped around the building. For those who know how patient I am.. testing it! It was pushing after 7:00pm and I wasn't haven it.. so Will and I got creative and found our way to the front. It was my turn and nothing... they didn't have my tickets! Are you kidding me? I called Will to come find me in the other ticket line, we had a problem - my heart sank! My mind went 100mph trying to figure out what I had done wrong. I asked again, this time explaining where the tickets were bought, when, how much, who I dealt with, and everything I could think of. They sent me to door 5 and she was not so much help, she tried but still nothing. Looked on "the list" and nothing...I mean come on I got these tickets over a week ago and I was not okay with this. Then we got sent to door 1 and she sent us back to door 5 and she started to feel bad. I dropped a few names and especially the name of the man I bought the tickets from, who works directly for the Globetrotters. We then got sent to this snazzy man in a suit and he was ready to take care of us. LONG story short -- there we were sitting on the bench.. THE BENCH with the opposing team. The game was so much fun. We were right in the action and Will made friends with the team and became the water boy for one of the guys. It was humorous. We just sat there like we knew we belonged :) The man who kicked out the security guard and another team member so we could sit there - - he checked on us over three times and made sure any security around us knew we were VIP and were supposed to be there. The show was a duh moment it was so great but Will and I were just in awe the entire time that we were freaking sitting on the bench with the team. I mean come on! What an experience, a test of patience and a total gift to have gotten to sit where we did. We were so giddy the whole time. 

 
-- there are so many pictures to sift through, so many tricks and what nots I couldn't help but take pictures of! It was just so surreal! 
After the game we headed to Prince Pucklers, had a treat and lost track of time. As we were walking back to the car we decided to rent a movie and because we had been told that "Couples Retreat" was so fun, we opted for that. I won't lie, I fell asleep -- but I liked the part I did see and Will said he really liked the movie (I'll have to re watch it tonight). All in All what a night huh?!?

3 comments:

StephieAnne said...

I love it when God blesses patience and brings about more abundance then you could have ever done on your own. What a thrill!

Anonymous said...

that last picture may be my favorite of will ever

Brian said...

back on track...