
After a great drive we were there and literally the second we drove in - the car started to overheat.. Oh crap. Well what are we going to do? No cell service and really what would we say. We decided we would let it cool over the few hours we were going to spend on the trail. We were off on foot and ready for a good hike. So freaking cool! Okay I won't lie - - I was freezing. My toes - ouch. But when I walked outside in the morning...I wasn't expected ice on my car and I had no time to change so I just toughed it out. We got to the falls and Steph had made an epic lunch. The sandwich = glorious. The grapes = crunchy. The zucchini bread = dangerous. We sat at the base of the falls and enjoyed the picnic she had packed and took some photos of the scenery.
The way back was super fast, but I think it was due to our faster pace and stubbornness of the uphill battle. Once we got to the car it still stunk but it looked like it could handle the ride back. So we hopped in and said let's do it. On our way out we came to a fork in the road. One sign said Mapleton - that way.. and the other.. idk what we followed but.. we both looked at each other. Oh that's cool you can take that back road back to where we want to go, hmm I wonder what that is all about. Commented but didn't take the bait , turned left and oh shoot. We finally decided to not turn around and to keep on driving - - it had to poop us out somewhere. We came across a nice little 71 year old lady who told us we were 6 miles of Reedsport.
Steph and I just laughed, are you kidding me? Well we finally go to Reedsport and we had to splurge - - DQ baby! We finally got on the road back home, but let me tell you -- it was all fun! We had so much time to just talk and laugh about our stupidity.. Good times!



2 comments:
Just for the record, I wasn't AT ALL bothered by you being late....
And, had I known your feet were cold - we could have given you five pairs of socks and snagged one our multiple pairs of shoes to fit you!
Fun times!!!!
I looked for will on this blog post and didn't find him, maybe you can blog about other things... although Steph still found her way in so maybe it's one or the other or both or her kids. Much love :)
Post a Comment