Thursday, February 18, 2010

Throw Back: Ya 'Lil Rascal

Last night for date night ... after a series of changed plans Will was on his way over! He showed up in P.J.'s - I was thoroughly confused and then when he started sifting through my closet in search for something I knew I would have to be changing. It was a P.J. party!
He picked out what I had to wear and for those who know I have them (multiple pairs) of course it was the one'sy. He had gotten a mix of dark chocolate brownies - - I am a sucker for dark chocolate and he knows it! We made brownies and while they cooked Aaron and Will and I had a few  mean games of H.O.R.S.E. Equipped with trick shots, dunks and slides (Will and I are just getting ready for the game on Friday!). With that, Will left to "go get something from his car" - - for like 10 minutes. That is when I started to catch on. I had time to think and if you give a girl time to think ... who knows where her mind will go. I had started to figure out he was in the garage. I didn't want to ruin anything for him so I continued to play ball... which the hoop is on the door of the garage and I may or may not have purposely hit the back board over and over and over again ;) Will came back and it was time to take the brownies out. He had me cut out a cardboard heart and I honestly I had no idea where he was going with it. He pulled out the "stencil" I made and poured powdered sugar over it to create a white heart. Too cute! He kept telling me we had to hurry so we weren't late for the party.. over and over and over again (which was slightly ironic given previous conversations). But by this time I knew there wasn't any "party" :) He tried to trick me in saying that he had a blanket he had to bring .. oh it's out in the garage... he opens the door and.. Okay so I sorta had an idea where it was going but this man did work!
He had taken all the sheets from around the house and blankets and lights and woah. He made a tent with a little heater inside.
He had set up the projector to watch a movie and given he had themed the night into "Throw back when we were little". He had set out "Little Rascals" - - which he had never seen. We had our P.J.'s, every kids favorite treat - brownies, and a good classic movie. It was such a fun night! I think he enjoyed the movie, which would have been a deal breaker - cuz it's one of my favorites as a kid ;) Great date night and one for the memory book for sure! We had some unexpected endings to the night but shoot dang .. we know how t have fun! It was a smok'n date night... literally!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ba ha so many hidden messages

didn't you quote little rascals last night while we were eating dinner beforehand?? strange coincidence?

j.nelson said...

haha.. yes and i quote it all the time! so - - - - - expected by still a fun happen chance .. love it.