Saturday = sunshine and great time with friends. First off I just read in the sun and had a chance to go on a nice run. Then I was off to Will's to dry my clothes (dang our issues) and Aaron and Will and I sat in the sun and read our books for class. It was great. Then we all started to get a tad hungry. We knew we had a dinner party to go to but we were more apt to just go for drinks and chips. So Will grabbed this opportunity to show us his skills and boy did he. While Aaron and I played a mean game of H.O.R.S.E with the nerf ball ( we waste a lot of time this way ). Will was hard a work on dinner. It was amazing. A bed of sticky rice with an assortment of sauces, then a bed or spinach, with again sauces - topped with an Asian bbq'd chicken and dry roasted peanuts. SO GOOD. I think I'll keep this one around.
After dinner it was off to Sarah Lilly's B-day bash. So fun to just be with friends.
After dinner was the epic failure of a cake for Mikayla's Baptismal - and I mean epic failure. Near humorous now that I am over the issue, but oh so not humorous at 11:30 p.m. last night.
But then came a sunny Sunday. Coffee and some reading, church then the Riley's. At church today Mikayla was baptized by her Dad, John. So cute. It was so great to be able to be there and see that and John's little speech before he dunked her in was amazing :) Seeing him up there with her brought back so many memories of when my Dad baptized me. I was a little older but I know from being in her shoes - what a joy, honor and blessing it is to be able to have your father on earth baptized you in declaring your love for your father in heaven. This is a day I know John will never forget but let me tell you - Mikayla won't either. I can't imagine a more amazing moment with your Dad.
After the service it was off to the Riley's! Steph had thrown an invite out to those who wanted to come over afterward and have a BBQ. So good. Fried chicken, JoJo's, fruit, beans, cookies, chips, more fruit, more chips, more greatness, peach love in a pan, more cookies... uhg I couldn't get enough. I ate so much and the bag of cookies now on my counter will not last long. We had a roaring fire, which made the situation even that more cozy. Shucks.. just a great day! Even though I came home in intention to do homework. I crashed. All of that sugar and food I don't usually eat--that was too good to be true. Knocked me out. I crashed on the back porch curled up in the sun with no blanket or anything for over two hours. I woke up and Heather broke the latch of the back shed and I went to work. Our landscaper hasn't shown up once this year. So I said screw it. Now the lawn is mowed, the patio swept, the leaves raked, the bushes trimmed and the shed "locked back up". Tee hee.
Kaela, Kelli, Steph, Heather and Myself :)

This is Will and I getting the puppy face to go jump on the trampoline - - they won.

The crew (minues a few/adult table) silent because we are stuffing our faces ;) Such a great day. Thanks Steph for all the food and hosting us college kids yet once again.








2 comments:
It was a great day! Glad you all could come. And that meal that Will prepared....oh my....that guy has some serious talent!
this is mikayla we totaly won it was the puppy face wasn't it
Post a Comment