Well when I posted "Date Day" - I guess I had no idea what I was really saying. After an amazing morning and a good day and even better kickboxing class. I was home. Heather and I sat down to watch Ellen (like everyday) and I had an array of missed calls from Will. I called back to see what was up and he said that he had changed his mind. He confesses... you know when I told you that this morning was date night... well I would love for you to come have dinner with me at my house. I obviously was all for it but was completely confused. I hung out and discussed with Heather what the crap does he have up his sleeve. He was on his way to practice and he doesn't get done until 6:30 and he said to be ready at 7. Thirty minutes.. what could he do with thirty minutes! Well I was going to let him have his fun and not worry about it. Will came, picked me up, drove to his house, opened the door and MY MOM! Are you kidding me? Will and my Mom had coordinated this crazy surprise. My Mom loves reading all about our creativity each week and she called Will to see if he needed a new idea - to spice it up. He of course was all about it. I love being surprised.. LOVE IT! It was so great.
My Mom literally took the drive just to make dinner and had planned to turn around and let us have our night. Both Will and I were not going to let it happen. But the thought that she was just there to be our "guest chef" blew my mind. Mom made a ricotta/pesto stuffed chicken, red potatoes, asparagus and a candied walnut/cranberry/blue cheese salad and beer bread. It was so amazing. So with the stubborn foot down - the four of us sat down (Me, Will, Mom, and Aaron). Dinner was great. So fun. After dinner we all went to Prince Pucklers and Mom treated us to some ice cream.
Uhg I almost get frustrated that I can't totally capture how much fun tonight was and how surprised I was. What a lucky girl, huh?!? Not to mention a Mom who would drive 3.5 hours to see me and cook dinner but a boy that would help with such a surprise - even after he had planned such an amazing morning! A complete "Date Day" I tell ya! Wow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
that dinner looks delicious! you gots a good one!
Way to go "Mom"! What an awesome surprise!
Yep...that's our Mom for you! You just never know what she's got up her sleeve! Lucky girl you are my little Sis and what an amazing Mom we have!
Holy cow, that is hilarious! You had NO IDEA and they totally surprised you. I would have loved to witness that, to have seen the look on your face. HaHaHaHa. Will & Deb, nice work! And JuJu? Bah-HaHaHaHa!!!! Miss you, Ry
Post a Comment