Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More like "Date Day"

It all began with last night. I was feeling sorta "not so great". Not sick, just lethargic - which I hate. I sat on the couch and within commercials came homework but I found myself waking up to Heather getting home. I decided to give in to fighting sleep on the couch and jumped in bed and started reading. Will was on his way over to say goodnight and within the 10 min of him leaving and showing up - I had lost my fight. I woke up at 5:00 am all worked up and anxious. Oh crap! Will came over and I was freaking asleep, how rude! I texted him right away to ask if he ever made it over and how bummed I was that I had fallen asleep. I was so wide awake there was no way I could go back to bed. I laid there and tried to figure out if Will had indeed come over. My door was shut so that was my tip off because I had intentionally left it open. I finally got out of bed, jumped in the shower and as I walked to my room trying to not mull over the fact I had slept through my goodnight prayer with Will - I smelled something... I got dressed and started to walk towards the kitchen in total confusion. I knew Heather was still asleep and Kelli was still in her room ... no way was it Abbey. I'm usually the only one up and going at this point.  I peaked into the kitchen and about .5 seconds before I tilted my head - I thought - man how great would that be if it was Will. IT WAS! How did he do that. Everyone is till in bed - - that sneak! He left the backdoor open last night when he in fact did come over, and in fact still prayed for me as I was totally out for the count and then slipped back out of the house without me so much as twitching.

William was slaving over the stove making breakfast for us. I had thrown his plan of slightly with my abrupt wake up at 5 but he improvised. He sent me back to my room (I had a quick assignment to post) and to reenact his true plan I jumped back in bed. He came in, turned me around and on my floor with the lights out were two plates sitting in candle light. Two amazing omelets stuffed with a bunch of goodies and sliced red potato breakfast browns :)
The only picture we took of ourselves that slightly turned out -- both of us had our eyes closed. Ha! 
 
We sat together, breakfast in bed, eating an amazing breakfast, drinking hot joe and just starting a great together. After breakfast we read through a devotional about true love and keeping love alive - and that love affair being with our Father - Jesus Christ. It was refreshing and wonderful. Challenging and encouraging. Pslam 42:1 " As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you. O God." Was the opening passage to the devotional, I just instantly fell in love with this passage and the painting it creates in my mind. We just sat and discussed our emotions to this passage and the other passages littered throughout the devotional. It was great to bounce ideas off each other and really dive into this topic. During our devo time we also were munching on our dessert. Will had made (from scratch mind you) an amazing cranberry orange breakfast bread with a sweet glaze on top - so good... soooo freaking good!
 
This is Will and his creation! Too cute! 


We sat and enjoyed every moment of our morning together. We ended our morning before class with a little Good Morning America and highlights of Ellen's show yesterday. Will just humored my want to watch both shows (for he hates t.v.). After a quick dance in the kitchen it was time for me to go to school and William to work on his paper. It was such a great mix up in our Wednesday date "night". We both are such morning people and I was all for our date being in the morning! I can't image a better way to spend a Wednesday morning :) 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

holy movie date! good job will. you two are freakin adorable. your relationship makes me smile, keep up the good work. i love love.