Oh wow...finally Spring Break! Okay so now that it's officially over - finals that is.. It's blogging time :) So last Wednesday was of course.. date night. It was almost a "let's not do this" moment because Will and I both had finals at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday... but we both decided we should just make a day of studying an excuse to spend the day studying together - since it's date day and all ;) So let's see what did we do?!?
After taking him to school, taking Abbey to the airport, finishing projects, having quiet time, picking up back up from school - it was "us" time!
We headed to Hideaway bakery for a little lunch date. I love when he just randomly decides to take me out - just love it! We both had the soup of the day and shared a mini loaf of some one their homemade bread. It was so tasty :) We sat outside and enjoyed the little spits of sunshine. Then with the wind chill it was back inside to sit next to the fire, start some homework and be distracted with each other. At one point will got up to use the restroom and I dashed inside to get us an americano and a treat. I had it sitting on the table for him - for a little surprise when he got back. After a few hours at hideaway or date was back at my house.
While Will went home to grab more work and warmer clothes - I set up the back yard. I split a bunch of wood for a bonfire. I pulled the tarp and futon cushion outside for star watching, I grabbed the ladder for the sunset watch on the roof and I started the BBQ for dinner. By the time he got back it was sunset time :) Then we set up camp for homework for a few hours. All bundled in our sleeping bags with our headlamps and books to focus! He had more work to do than I did so I made dinner while he tried to study. I made BBQ chicken, grilled onions, grilled feta stuffed bell peppers, and homemade Parmesan/Italian home-fries. Once the stars came out we had to take a homework break and see if we could outsmart each other in naming constellations...we always name the same ones and he always wins - I don't know why we continue to play it...Then it was back to homework for a few hours -- until I got bored and made a fire. Will kept on studying but I continued to poke and play with the fire for a few hours. I read a few lines here and there but nothing worth actually getting anything from. I was more focused on writing (the blog post before this) and keeping the fire roaring. Once it was pushing midnight we decided it was time for dessert. I went inside and filleted opened two bananas - layered peanut butter and Hershey's chocolate inside - closed it up - wrapped it with tin foil and laid it across the hot coals. After dessert it was homework time for a little longer, than for a fire inside and there you have it! My study buddy :)
(no pictures... they are being enjoyed by the fishies at the bottom of the sea)....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment