Thursday, March 11, 2010

just us is enough

Okay Okay Okay! I have loved the text, tweets and comments about being "late" on posting date night. Given that it is dead week and I could not be any more dead... that's why. Yet I still am posting while I should be doing a lot of other things.  But yes of course it was Wednesday night and we both couldn't have looked forward to our time together any more. It was nice realization knowing that date night was just as exciting without extravagant plans. We both have been so crazy busy with school that we haven't had a moment to breathe--or sleep. But of course we were more than counting down the minutes until date night. Last night we headed over to The Vintage, a local restaurant known for the crepes but we opted for the buy one get one tapas  deal we had. We were so impartial about our choices but in the end pretty happy with them.
Amazing food and amazing time - once again! After we were done eating we headed on our way to the movies. Will has stated that he had yet to take me to my once #1 to see movie - Dear John. I fell in love with the story when I was in Hawaii and was hell bent on being the first one to see the movie... well goes to show how time flies by - - we just were now going to see it. More than a month after it first came out we were on our way. On our way there we stopped by the store to grab some candies for the movie - cheaters! When we were at the store the amount of iced tea kicked in big time. I was doing the potty dance down every isle before I finally caved and asked where the restroom was. Once I got there..."CLOSED FOR CLEANING". Are you freaking kidding me... it was torture! William sure thought it was funny though. But honestly, other than me being extremely uncomfortable before I found the restroom  ----- for some reason our moods were just so carefree and great and - like I told Kelli sometimes you just can't capture with words the simplicity of the greatness last night. We got to the movies and posted up.
Will kicked his shoes off so of course it was fair game. Barley anyone was in the theater and no one was in front of us - so duh!
We cozied up on the chairs and settled in for the movie. The book was way better but it still was a good movie. Ummm okay I can't lie - I fell asleep. I was so cozy and once Will put his sweatshirt over me like a blanket - game over. I dozed during the most touching part of the story, shoots! We aren't usually ones to just go for the "Dinner and a movie" option. But since we never do it, it was just as fun!  Again another great date night :)

2 comments:

StephieAnne said...

cool mikayla

The Nelson's said...

My Thursday is complete now that I have read about the Wednesday "Date Night" ;)