Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lovely Bones = Horridness

Last night Heather and I decided to head out on a date and it was all great and fun.. sorta. We went to Market of Choice for some dinner - we had a great array of fresh veggies in a stir fry sorta thing (super good) Then we headed to the $1.50 and for some dumb reason I let Heather drag me to a scary movie. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. No idea. Okay to be fair she told me is was suspenseful and I'm all about those sorta movies, but scary movies - no way. To me they are pointless... why would I want to go to a movie that distorts my moments that I dream in fairy tales (tee.hee.Tenley!  ;). But really - not a fan of them. So anyways there we are.. sitting in the theater and I am crawling in my skin. The entire movie, it's not like I was "scared" I was just straight up uncomfortable. Straight up! The Father daughter story made me cry, the brother/sister twist made my eyes swell, the husband/wife story made me mad, the murder made me crawl, the killer made me squirm, the little girl story made me angry, the sister story made me jump, the afterlife part made me urked.....

Heather later revealed she was in wait for me to turn to her and ask to leave.. cuz she just wanted to say YES - and get the poo out of there. That movie.. so screwed up! So the reason for this post.. is to warn you. Heather read the book and loved it and that is the reason we went to see the movie.. but so I now know, the movie is nothing like the book and it is hands down creepy, wrong, demented, and horrid. How is that for a movie review? Every emotion was hit in that movie... and mostly not the good ones. Bah! Never again Heather... never again!

1 comment:

Rejoice Always said...

Hahahaha... it almost hurts to laugh at this post.

I agree with every emotion. I'm sorry we had to experience that, but at least it was together right?? (I don't think that's even close to enough to make up for it though...)

And nice Tenely reference :)

Horrible movie, horrible.