Thursday, March 25, 2010

A new car for Date Night

 The last few days have been so nice and I have had the joy of car shopping for both of them! BUG! Tuesday my Mom and I car shopped from 7:30 a.m. until near 7:30 p.m. We hit lot after lot and the last one is where we found the winner. Oh Mom how I love thee :) We met Will from his drive from Eugene and had dinner at PF Changs, but we left we no car just the thought of one. Then comes Wednesday.

After a lesson, work, and my Dad making phone call after phone call after phone call we were off. Will, Papa and myself headed to Portland. I was so bummed we had to leave the sunshine and the one day Will and I could have taken advantage of the beach but I was so stoked to get a new car - it was a catch 22. On the way to Ptown William through out the idea of going for a milkshake so of course we stopped at DQ. Then it was next stop - the car lot. It was relatively painless, mainly due to the hard work already being done. We showed up - handed over the keys, signed a check (gulp!), kissed the Subi goodbye and we were off with new shoes.  Though William and I really wanted halibut for dinner (Mom's dinner) Dad was starving so we went out to Red Robin.
I had so much fun with my two favorite boys. Seriously what could be better ... a new car... free dinner... sunshine .... William ... my Papa! Then once we got home it was time to squeeze in our "date night" - just us.

We headed out for a walk. The wind was crazy strong but still pretty warm. We were walking down the street and we both at the same time through out the idea of laying in the road (Notebook style). It was honestly so fun. There were some close calls but we giggled our way off the road and dashed to the sidewalks when the cars would seriously come out of no where!
Once we got back we turned up the sauna and took full advantage of the new toy my dad built. Will was on a roll to see how hot he could get it in there and let's just say I'm stoked I was on the lower level - or I would have passed out. I love that sauna - almost everynight I get to just sit and relax and blast the tunes - but it was fun having company with me.
 
The camera couldn't handle the heat.. .haha!


After our night walk, road laying, sauna steaming, it was time to fall asleep to Grease! Oh I love that movie :) [to top it off we woke up to fresh coffee and homemade camping breakfast - thanks mama!]

Happy Date Night - Happy 2 months till Will's Birthday - Happy Spring Break and Happy NEW CAR!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the new car!! so happy you finally got one!

glad sb is fun but uh come back to eugene already!

Rejoice Always said...

That top picture of the two of you - so good! I'm excited to take a spin in the beauty. I hope you're already thinking of names :)