Hey remember when we ate our burritos in the hot spring and everyone hated us because lettuce and beans were floating in the water :) Then our swim suits froze to the rock as we changed as fast as we could...this is the first time I saw 0 degree weather ... and felt it!
The beginning of an amazing summer! (notice the t-shirt swaps) hehe
Sick nasty with how pasty we are... (duh it was our first day together!) oh the joys of eating the forest version of granny smith apples!


Oh how I miss our morning walks together!
Bah.Hah. Remember when I made you wake up at 5 am to bike on the beach and then we ran into "beautiful eyes" running in his shorrrrt shorts :)
The summer we met our little brother.
The summer we got payed to dress up in the ugly clothes Mark would order. I will not put the swimsuit shot up here... well maybe.. it is your birthday and all... sick nasty I just looked at it.. no way I love you but not as much as Chad.. so nope! ( tee.hee.)
The summer you mastered surfing.
Oh gosh...we made some epic eats :) Always....
Oh our romantic life together.. beach walks at sunset with a bottle of Banrock. Thanks to you I will forever love red wine and Micah will forever look down upon the glass bottle that comes with me to the bonfires... haha.. the look of disgust the first time we showed up with wine.
Then the next summer you came and visited me. Once again reunited with my sister.. look at our eyes who could argue our relation? Remember our hatred for Seaside.... that we still share. ha!
Once I turned platinum blond and became another race. Then you came and through rotten berries at me, so I attacked you with a smothering and we both walked out smelling more like moldy fruit than fresh blackberries...we continued to take pictures of ourselves and than lay in 4 inches of freezing cold water to rinse the berries... smart idea?? duh!
Jordyn I miss you deeply and words cannot describe the blessing your friendship is to me. No picture can capture the impact you have had on my life and continue to etch each day. You are a constant encouragement and an overflow of love that I can always count on. You are wise beyond your years and I will never leave your side. I will be here to laugh with you, to cry with you, to miss certain people with you, to talk with you and to simple be with you. Just as you have been for me. I know you touch each and every person in an amazing way, I don't doubt God shines through you everywhere, I can't imagine one person not leaving your smiling face without a mirroring grin to match but Jordyn most of all I can't imagine my friendship without you.
Roman 8:15 "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."
[because of you, a verse i will never forget and i pray i will always live out and trust]


2 comments:
we are sisters and our hearts will always be knit together. i love you so much and am blessed, honored and overwhelmingly thankful to be able to call you friend. thank you so much for your love. ♥
Happy Birthday Jordyn - glad I'm able to say I know you now! Beautiful tribute, Julie!
Post a Comment