

As I drove up I5 on my way home from Eugene - I was pretty up in the air about driving home for another weekend. I have grown so fond of being in Eugene that it's hard to admit ... sometimes I just rather stay. Boy am I glad I decided to come home this weekend :) My boss needed me (and micah) to come back to give a surf lesson to 9 University of Portland students. Not only did we need to give the lesson but I was needed to stay for an extra 3 hours to "supervise".
Well to backtrack a little I got into town on Friday around noon. My dad was at work and my mom was in Portland running errands. I got home unloaded my car, mowed the lawn, washed my car (first time in months) and long boarded over to get my dog from dad's shop. That was the start of a wonderful weekend. I spent the rest of the day asleep in my front yard, laying in the sun with Maddy (my dog). My dad got home from work and we waited for the wind to calm down and hit the surf. I love surfing with my dad and in my opinion I don't get to do it enough. After the surf we got home, potted some flowers for my mom, and ate an amazing dinner that my mom had ready for us (she's way too good to be true!). While Sarah (family friend) and I were walking on the beach watching the sunset my parents build a bonfire in the back yard. Sarah and I made chocolate bananas in the fire and the four of us just relaxed by the flames. Today was the crazy day. I was "working" from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Our lesson was fun and easy and my need to "supervise" meant me laying in the sun getting tan and some how getting paid to do it. Around 4:30 is when my brother showed up with Ash (his wife) and no better way to end the day/weekend then a paddle out with the brother. It was great! Well I thought I would update while I had a chance, the sun has set - I am beat tired and Maddy and I have called it a day. It's time to sit by the fire again, watch the stars and wait for mom and dad to get home.

2 comments:
Jealous in so many ways! Not the least being a campfire, oh man I love 'em. It's kinda funny to hear you say that Eugene for a weekend is preferable at times, that's not a concept I thought you would ever adopt. Off to eat some peas and carrots ;)
Weekends like that make the prospect of a summer at home sound terrific.....
Post a Comment