Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Green Grass Gathering!


Kara and I .. rain drops keep falling on my head!


The storm watchers.

The storm chasers.

uhhhhhh what?

Cody, Kate, Micah at the BBQ

Oh what a fun day! My roommate and I hosted what we called "The Green Grass Gathering" aka a BBQ with our closest friends in our backyard. It was a great turnout (i'm bad at guessing but in and out maybe 35 people??) and we had a blast. We had the slackline up, the BBQ hot, and amazing pies (thanks to hannah). Alright so it was all fun and games getting ready for the night, grocery shopping, prepping and organizing - love party planning! And it was great having everyone there.. but the real fun started when the bulk of everyone left. The weather held for just the right time! HECK YES thunder and lighting HECK YES! We stood outside completely awe struck at the lightening bolts and crazy thunder booms. The rain drops were huge but it was warm and I couldn't get enough. Heather and Reid and I then ran down the streets, "storm chasing"! OH SO FUN!

1 comment:

StephieAnne said...

Good times! Great party!

I woke up super early this morning cuz I left the blinds open to try to catch more lightening flashes as I fell asleep......bad idea - if it's light outside - I'm awake!