
Happy Birthday H! Alright so today is Heather's actual birthday :) This is the last day of her birthday week - it's been great! Last year I moved into this house not knowing anyone. Heather and I went to the same church group but never crossed paths. Who would have thought? Now we are near inseparable and we love it. This is a pic of a snipet of images of our past year. She came into the kitchen greeted by this great wall and Kris (woop woop) playing in the background!

This morning we started off the day with a big breakfast with some of our closest friends. It was great. We had scrambled eggs, toast, jam (that I made last week), bannana bread, turkey sausage (for kara and I), coffee, and MIMOSAS! Mimosas have become a birthday tradition for us...so fun.


This is a small piece of a letter I wrote for Heather.
" I lay with my back being cooled by the hardwood floor, my legs rested upon my bed while my arms support my racing mind. Next to me - a roommate, a roommate I just met not yet a week ago. Her face is glowing with the love of God, her heart is vulnerable with fresh scars. We are both naturally guarded to our emotions... confessing to each other that our history is best left untouched. As the day grows to an end and our conversation morphs from questions that reach skin deep to questions that result in swollen eyes and a comforting similarity in pain. I prayed everyday for a roommate I could confide in about everything - no matter what. I cried for another heart to be opened in my life that looked just like mine. A heart with desire for Jesus Christ, a heart full of fear, shame and forgiveness. This heart I prayed for, is the heart that lies on the floor right next to me."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY H!

6 comments:
confession: i just got a little teary eyed when i read what you wrote to heather
did you read the whole thing this morning on the porch or just the piece?
So sweet! Nice writing, Julie - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!
just the piece you posted here
you should read the whole thing.
I did the same thing..teary...just a little..because I knew what your prayer had been...God is sooo good!
Post a Comment