Wednesday, July 22, 2009
humbled.
It's no secret that I love my job and it isn't a tough realization to see why, but it's the days like today that I feel most blessed. It's not the lessons that are "easy" or the students like the Gutmann family that put me into check. It's those like today, a 10yr old little girl that was 100% def. It's the year after year a girl with no legs blesses us by her will to have her handicap never hold her back, or the lesson with the little boy with one arm. It's the times when I get to poor love onto the troubles teens that are fully shunned by their peers and pressured by their parents. It's the mentally retarded kids that never stop smiling and the autistic minds that pay attention to every word I say. It's the 60 yr old women who check my lesson off their bucket list and the overweight individuals who are trying to make a change in their health. It is those times when I see God's love the most, it's those people who need an encouraging word. And it's the moments like today when Jaime looked at me and without be able to hear my reaction, simply reading me lips she says - "you are the best teacher." I smiled and said thank you, yet all I wanted to say is I wish you knew mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Beautiful Julie. Must have been an awe-inspiring experience! Thank you again for all of the bithday love!
You have a beautiful spirit, Julie.
Post a Comment