Monday, August 3, 2009

August 1st... FINALLY!

So... last weekend, to which feels like yesterday, the Riley's came to visit. It was a visit that had been planned for a long time now.. and it took forever to finally come and now that it has passed it's sad to know the next time I get to bug them = school. Here are a few images I took from John's facebook.While I was teaching it was apparently an issue that I left the suits to them. I secretly wish I could have seen this aspect of the day :)

I apparently strongly suggested (maybe a little over kill) for the Riley's to get here early to beat the crowds. I wasn't blowing steam the parking lot gets packed but maybe I should have backed off... oh well. But anyways -- I managed to squeeze in a morning lesson (which was good cuz a day with no lessons = bad idea!). The Riley's were ready to play and I was so ready to take a break from work! This image is of my super condensed beach talk. I wanted to give them a legit lesson but I knew they were more interested in getting out in the water asap verses learning the logistics of waves and a perfect technique of standing up. With the condensed version the all did epic. Honestly.Brayden, Me, and Mikayla! I'm seriously stoked I got to be the one to introduce these kids to surfing. It's great to take something so special to me and share it with a family I hold so close."Koala" and I tandem paddling out to catch some waves. I straight up love this image.Brayden and I doing the same thing. I love these kids.. can you tell?Steph and I are our ice cream break. We went to Osburne's .. the best! It again was such a pleasure to have the Riley's here. I love sharing my wonderful little town with friends, it never really gets old. After our ice cream enjoyment we all walked back the house to have a BBQ with a plethora of rando's. So after a day of surf, sun, look outs, tourist walks, ice cream, falling asleep in the park (john!), people watching, carve boarding down the street, we feasted. Mom had a horde of food ready for us and after the BBQ, we all just chilled out. At least tried. We busted out "Ladder Ball" and Brayden decided to take me on in a wrestling match, he cracks me up! As Brayden and I and Koala wrestled - Steph was busy winning over the love of my dog. It was her goal to have Maddy fall in love and let me tell you she did. Syd (her golden) would be upset if I leaked out the info :) By the end of the visit I just sat watching the fire soaking in the good company, it was so good to the Eugene family again. The Riley Family! John, Mikayla, Brayden and Steph. Thanks guys for coming and making a perfect "day off"!

1 comment:

StephieAnne said...

We had such a great day - thanks to you and your fam - and the great town of Cannon Beach. We learned our lesson as to why you stressed getting there early - what a waste it would have been to have spent the early afternoon in line waiting for access to the parking lot vs. playing in the waves!