Tuesday, September 22, 2009

thanks god.

Well this day did not fail to live up to yesterday. It started with a nice beach walk with my Mom and Micah down in Arch Cape. It was great, my Mom took my took coffee -- yup.. I know .. I'm lucky! Then we headed down south for a nice walk and the sun was already giving us a sold 73 degrees of heat. After our walk we headed home, I loaded the car and headed back down south. I met Micah at her house -- and the day started. We went to the deli and got ourselves a lunch and amped on down to Short Sands. We didn't waste much time once we hit the beach and it was the same crew but this time Lauren didn't have to work and her twin sis was there to join. We all suited up and paddled out. What a workout! Micah and Lauren duck-dive marathon and Spit and I were turtle turning our little hearts out and trying out best to duck our thick fish's. I finally made it out after a no joke 20min paddle out and I joined Micah and Lauren, Brit never managed to battle through. It was a one wave wonder sorta day, but the size was HUGE! It was a good day to test my abilities both physical and mental. After some much needed, surf, sun and straight up relaxing we hit the trail home. Even though we love spending time together we all decided we would really enjoy spending some last minutes with our parents before we head off back to school.... GULP! After a short stop at the Cerelli's for a ripe peach and... uhh yup more sunshine - I headed home. My Mom made a quick dinner (she's great!) and headed off to a dance class, and Dad I jetted up to North. We walked out to one of the best places to surf around here and I snapped a few quick images (tee-hee). It was a great end of the night, sunset with my papa.





It's hard to think I'm going to have to travel south for school soon, one more full day of summer at the coast and one more lesson of the season... sorta sobering to think it could be the last lesson for me. I doubt it, but there is a chance I won't be pushing tourists into waves again .This may be my last summer at home, quite possibly my last summer as a surf bum.. nahhhh I'll always be one of those!

No comments: