Monday, September 28, 2009

Umm ya.. goodness


So today I went over to Steph's house to visit and .. well I wasn't sure what we would be doing. As far as I knew we could be hiking, playing in the kitchen, just existing... who knows. BUT I'm glad we ended up with this agenda! I love baking things but as time allows in school, I feel like if I'm in the kitchen it's just to cook a meal to fill my belly and then move on with the homework. So with no homework looming and all the fixings there - we hit it. Steph had it all planned and I just followed instructions as best as I could. Minus the issue with having the burner on 2 for what seemed 30 minutes waiting for it to boil and a lack of baking soda... things went great (even with our minor burps.. it didn't screw it up). Not that I was expecting anything to go wrong .. well with me in the kitchen.. could have! But it was great.. it started to bring back some great memories that I have with my grandma. She is the one who really taught me to cook and bake and not just learn how but how to really love it :) Today was a cool dynamic, there wasn't much catching up, not much talking much at all - simply baking and just sorta soaking in the cozy day. It was what I needed to cap this crazy weekend. It was a soothing day. Thanks Steph for letting me crash your afternoon off.

(we made a caramel glaze sorta concoction.. tasted a bit like the glaze on caramel corn... uhh so good! the berry one is a blueberry spiced love potion.. ha. super tasty.. i think this will hit the dutch babies and then the apple one in the back.. tastes much like the filling of an apple pie.. so basically it tastes much like a party in your mouth - i can't wait to put this over some vanilla ice cream!.. umm most all of this .. yes all of this will at some point drizzle the top of my ice cream bowl)

2 comments:

StephieAnne said...

I didn't think you ate ice cream.....=)

j.nelson said...

why you gotta call me out on that.. haha.. it may be frozen yogurt.. but no... things i must confess... i eat more sugar than one would think.. i.e. ice cream as well :) p.s your russian tea is haunting me.. i woke up this morning to make coffee and there it was..mixed all up on the counter.. come to find out kelli is obsessed too..