Thursday, October 22, 2009

ahh crap I'm 22!

Alright...it's re-cap time! So for some reason I was having issues admitting I was turning 22. I'm not sure why other than... well I'm not sure why, but I'm over it. And yesterday was perfect...
Let's start with the 6:00 a.m. wake-up call :) I woke up to my roommates making one of my all time favorite breakfasts (bouncing babies!). We had bouncing babies, turkey sausage, mimosas and coffee! The bouncing babies/dutch babies were epic and we had this super good blueberry spice sauce and apple spice sauce that Steph and I canned a few weeks ago to go on top, along with fresh lemon :). It was perfect! It was only fitting to have turkey sausage on such a turkey sausage sorta day. The mimosas - well duh it was my birthday! But I will admit having this array at 6:45 a.m. was a record breaker in my book, bah.hah.Post breakfast it was time to relax, let the food set in and watch one of my favorite morning shows - "Saved By The Bell". Heather, Abbey and I relaxed in front of the T.V. as Kelli jetted off to work. We watched three episodes and then accepted the day and got ready to rumble. Heather was off to work, Abbey was on her way to school and I left the house for a birthday run! Just as we were all about to go our ways - Heather screamed in excitement of the wild turkeys in our front yard.. it was a sight to see.I was overwhelmed with phone calls and fun txts all day but in the morning is where the best ones came :) After my good run, I had an hour or so on my hands so naturally I had to make the best of it - Costco run! During my Costco run I got a super cool flannel and somehow made it on time to school. After my necessary school time [greatly decreased ;)] it was off to lunch with Micah.Micah picked my up from campus and treated me to a great time at McMins. We had fun just catching up on her great weekend in Cali and my amazing weekend at Tadmor. It's crazy how different we are... yet how long we've been totally inseparable. It was lunch that hit the spot and a time together that was totally needed and great. Post lunch was a race to get ready for the night. I got home, made some "call back" phone calls and tried to be ready on time. My favorite part of birthdays is the out of the wood work FB messages you get.. that are totally unnecessary yet completely entertaining... then there are the phone calls you get from the people that mean the most and they initially call you cuz it's your birthday but you end up talking about life and how much you miss each other.. awe I love you Max! I'm a big fan of the TXT message inflow all day and how much you don't end up getting done because you attempt to write everyone back and then your phone dies by 4pm because it's exhausted :) .. well that was a random side note ramble... but by the time Kelli got home, I was totally not ready and we had 30 min to get to the restaurant. We both scrambled around and made it on time and here starts the fun'ness.It was SUSHI TIME! Alright let me try and think of all that made it... Logan, Keith, Drew, Evan, Kaela, Becca, Shelby, Kara, Aaron, Micah, Abbey, Kate, Brittney, Sarah, Kelli...and Me (I think I got them all). We all had a great time enjoying one of my favorite foods and of course the company was epic.I would say that Keith, Aaron and I were the most excited about the consumption of sushi. Oh wow.. was it so good.. Keith and I both hit up the Oishi rolls (yellow tail, salmon, avocado wonder), Aaron and I had Sashimi cuts of Tuna.. I had a spicy tuna roll and Keith was bringing home the rainbow roll (basically everything great!). Kelli ordered me some Sake... not sure what I think about it, it was uber dry and intense.. I would say half the amount I was served was great (he gave me a lot!).Oh hey love bucket, oh hey!Becca and I... :)Roommates!
Oh how I love thee...
Pooky aka Drew.
I couldn't have asked for a better time at dinner. Thanks guys for enjoying it with me! SO FUN!
So now the rest of the night. A few of us gathered at the house to have a pumpkin party! Let's name 'em.. Logan, Drew, Kelli, Abbey, Corey, Micah, Cyrus, Heather, Emily, Mat, Keith, Andrew, Aaron, Will, Evan... Oh wow.. I can't remember.. anyways.. All night we sat by the fire, carved pumpkins, ate pumpkin cookies, drank pumpkin ale, and prepped our pumpkin seeds :)Pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin! There is also a rhubarb pie made by Cyrus! My favorite and it was great.. thanks Cy! The cans you see.. that's the spice sauce again.. perfect for the apple love bars Steph made me :) THANKS STEPH! This is Cy making a 35 pound pumpkin for me... the after shot to come! (this is the masterpiece!)Me, Micah and Kelli -- showing off our creations.The boys thought it would be okay and a good idea to tackle me down and tickle me. I am quite possible one of the most ticklish people and they all know it.. It was torture and I was pinned!One of the best back/head rubs to date.But then they also decided it was a good thing to give me a message. I want to point out I had no influence or request.. It just happened and I was not going to complain!The copious amount of seeds I am going to roast :) YUMM!

Welp ... all and all it was a great day. To me it was totally not about the birthday wishes, presents or yadda yadda that comes with the expectations of a birthday. To me it was all about the time I spent with friends. It was pretty cool to lay in my bed last night thinking of all the amazing relationships I have made these past years. At dinner there was everyone from my best friend from I met when I was 4 to the friends I have established a friendship with this year. Micah gave a cute 'lil toast at dinner that totally wrapped up the night's theme of simply great friendship all around! God is so great and has provided in so many ways this year. The past week as been a week of new beginnings for me and I can not wait to see what this year has in store.

A heartfelt thanks to everyone that sent love and wishes on my birthday and an absolute deep down thanks for those who shared this day with me. Love to all!

3 comments:

StephieAnne said...

Wow - that sounds, indeed, like a perfect day. And, very seasonal too!!!

j.nelson said...

ha :) it was... seasonal .. i know right.. i'm learning ;)

Sueso said...

So glad you had such a great birthday! Sounds just right! NOW, I NEED to have the Bouncing Babies recipe, plleeease? I've made Dutch Babies many many times, but this looks even BETTER!