Monday, October 19, 2009

refresh.retreat.rely.relief.

This past weekend was our CCF fall retreat. The past two years (for various reasons) I chose not to go to the fall retreat but this year was different - very different. I was asked to lead a cabin and share my heart during one of the group meetings. This past weekend was great and I mean great. Quick run down.. the fun started on the drive out there, the car was packed with Scott, Drew and Keith ... and we had the best dance party all the way there. We got there and right off the bat started with sugary goodness, great friends and a vibe to the place you can't explain. Saturday was a great, crazy, overwhelming, amazing and an indescribable day. It started with a morning walk with Steph - we did this last retreat and it was just something I was totally sold on doing again. Then came breakfast, cabin time - to which turned for me into a walk in the rain with Jesus... great! After some cabin time.... my "partners in crime" and I created havoc. We ran in the rain, frolicked in the mud, "swam" in the man made pond like thing, and had some great talks in a huge open air auditorium fit for a lecture yet it was just us. The speaker was great, the worship was epic and the company was amazing. Sunday morning Scott, Tony and I walked up for a sunrise bonfire in the woods - enjoyed some great french press and some time away from the excitement. Overall the weekend was amazing, refreshing, challenging, heart felt and pure. I could ramble with descriptor words but I won't. I am so blessed by this community that has become my family and amazed by their support and love.
Kara, Shelby and I... mud pit fun... and some serious straight up - "when will we ever have the chance to do this again fun."

Brayden, Mikayla and I.. they were helping me check my cabin for cleanliness :) These kids bring so much joy.
Quite possibly my favorite picture of Kaela and I. I love this girl!
Steph, Brayden and sleeping Koala Bear.
We are up to no good.. and we know it.
Scott being an animal -- literally.
Flannel mug shot.. I didn't get the memo that we were suppose to be in a Abercrombie poster...


This little video is just a seriously not legit small piece of the weekend. The shots were intended for a class project but I thought I would compile them for a little visual of the weekend. So much is not shown but it's still fun to look at I'd say. The weekend can be summed up with just the praise to God.. he is straight up a turkey sausage sorta greatness!

3 comments:

Sueso said...

*sigh* It's so nice to see Camp Tadmor again...it's been a long long time. Oh how I wish I had known Jesus when I was your age...when I see things like this. Of course, my perspective is different and helps me share with others differently than you which is what it's all about. Your life is your testimony, dear Julie...you are precious in His sight. Thank you for sharing...loved the video!

The Nelson's said...

That was a great video Julie! God is so awesome and I am stoked that you are surrounding yourself with believers and growing so much in your walk. Love ya bunches

* Your Sis in law =)

ryanjess said...

Love the post sis...I am excited for your amazing experience! Love you...Happy Birthday Eve!