Caleb has been coming to CB for a few summers now and he has inched his way under my wing to be just like a little brother to me. He first worked for me at the surf shop as one of my little minions but he is so much more than a past co-worker. We walked on the beach yesterday for one last trot together. It was a sad realization, as Caleb brought up - - that this could be the last time we see eachother for a good while. We are so used to having a 6 month turn around (if that) .. that the possibility of it being longer just sucks. I love this kid to death and I'm stoked to hear what God has planned for him. After our walk I went back to the shop to pick up some new loafers and take some pics of the beach - duh! Then off to a trip up north with the rents. Big news for us coasties we finally got a big bang super Costco. Our old one had nothing but the store, no food court, no eye place, photo, or what not. This one has all but the photo - which is a bum bum. It took us a LONG time to get through it all :) My parents spoil me. I got home and my husband from third grade came over - Maxwell! He walks in and gives me the biggest hug, walks up stairs and goes.. ahh my second family, I've missed you! He is too darn cute. It was such a great catch up and even though I had seen him a bit this weekend prior and really got to talk to his parents a good amount - it was just as exciting to see him. It's morning time and as Maddy lies asleep under my legs, my parents are hustling around like always. I rest - cozy, comfortably and content. But I have to admit I am ready to head back south. Eugene is inching it's way closer and closer to my heart.Sunday, November 29, 2009
As the weekend winds down.
Yesterday was a good day filled with "me" time. After saying goodbye to the grandparents it was time to go see the boss tedo, visit some old friends and take some time to breath. Another crazy swell rolled in this morning. So though it meant no surf for me there were a few crazies to watch getting pounded into the rocks at the cove. I sat silently in the car, reading my bible - gazing into the Pacific with a large cup of holiday love :) After a shorter amount of time than I had intended - a friend from high school wanted a quick stop by. There are those that remind you of the dumb things in high school you rather forget and there are those (like steph) that remind you of the crazy fun times you had that keep you yearning to stay in touch. After pick'n up Papa up north it was time to meet up with one of my 'lil brothers.
Caleb has been coming to CB for a few summers now and he has inched his way under my wing to be just like a little brother to me. He first worked for me at the surf shop as one of my little minions but he is so much more than a past co-worker. We walked on the beach yesterday for one last trot together. It was a sad realization, as Caleb brought up - - that this could be the last time we see eachother for a good while. We are so used to having a 6 month turn around (if that) .. that the possibility of it being longer just sucks. I love this kid to death and I'm stoked to hear what God has planned for him. After our walk I went back to the shop to pick up some new loafers and take some pics of the beach - duh! Then off to a trip up north with the rents. Big news for us coasties we finally got a big bang super Costco. Our old one had nothing but the store, no food court, no eye place, photo, or what not. This one has all but the photo - which is a bum bum. It took us a LONG time to get through it all :) My parents spoil me. I got home and my husband from third grade came over - Maxwell! He walks in and gives me the biggest hug, walks up stairs and goes.. ahh my second family, I've missed you! He is too darn cute. It was such a great catch up and even though I had seen him a bit this weekend prior and really got to talk to his parents a good amount - it was just as exciting to see him. It's morning time and as Maddy lies asleep under my legs, my parents are hustling around like always. I rest - cozy, comfortably and content. But I have to admit I am ready to head back south. Eugene is inching it's way closer and closer to my heart.
Caleb has been coming to CB for a few summers now and he has inched his way under my wing to be just like a little brother to me. He first worked for me at the surf shop as one of my little minions but he is so much more than a past co-worker. We walked on the beach yesterday for one last trot together. It was a sad realization, as Caleb brought up - - that this could be the last time we see eachother for a good while. We are so used to having a 6 month turn around (if that) .. that the possibility of it being longer just sucks. I love this kid to death and I'm stoked to hear what God has planned for him. After our walk I went back to the shop to pick up some new loafers and take some pics of the beach - duh! Then off to a trip up north with the rents. Big news for us coasties we finally got a big bang super Costco. Our old one had nothing but the store, no food court, no eye place, photo, or what not. This one has all but the photo - which is a bum bum. It took us a LONG time to get through it all :) My parents spoil me. I got home and my husband from third grade came over - Maxwell! He walks in and gives me the biggest hug, walks up stairs and goes.. ahh my second family, I've missed you! He is too darn cute. It was such a great catch up and even though I had seen him a bit this weekend prior and really got to talk to his parents a good amount - it was just as exciting to see him. It's morning time and as Maddy lies asleep under my legs, my parents are hustling around like always. I rest - cozy, comfortably and content. But I have to admit I am ready to head back south. Eugene is inching it's way closer and closer to my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment